Esurv Surveyors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Marmus,

If your case is one of Damp and you had a report carried out by ESURV in which the surveyor visited your property. Obviously it is your opinion he missed damp. I would ask esurv to provide you with a copy of the surveyors site notes. This will give you details of what was in the property and where damp tests where taken. If they refuse then issue them with a "claim form" small claims court. Let me know what they say . The representative of esurv on this site is a marketing man/spokeman - he does not have any experience in a professional negligence position.

Furthermore the surveyor who carried out the report has a duty of care to you and also to the lender. You could go direct to the lender and complain. Also complain to the Ombudsman if you want but the small claims court is much more sympathetic to these type of matters.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

my wife and i are currently attempting to buy a new build property, we managed to get approved for the mortgage with the woolwich/barclays, however we have had major problems with the valuation of the property.the woolwich use a company called esurv. on the 7th of march esurv visisted the site and conducted a survey of our potential property off plan as the property has not been built yet.the asking price of our property is £524,995.the surveyor valued the property at £460,000!!!this is a new build redrow 5 bed detached house that is being built next door to a 4 bed detached house that is being bought for £460,000, the 4 bed house was also surveyed by esurv!!obviously the woolwich are now refusing to release our mortgage offer due to the issue of the vaulation, they are also saying that they trust esurv and will not investigate further.this is despite the fact that redrow have just released more houses for sale and the 5 bed we are attempting to buy has now had its asking price increased to £534,995 and that the same 4 bed detached houses are now being sold for £482,995!!me and the wife are now at a loss (literally and finacially) as to what to do now. there seems to be a complete lack of common sense and it beggars belief that in this day and age nothing can be done!! any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciatedthanks

• 5 weeks later...

Very rubbish and bullying attitude, they screwed up buyer who made offer but they negate the whole market valuation and based on £1500 quoted job, reduced the market value for 10k. The absent minded surveyor thought it would cost £98000 to replace extension flat roof, which is ridiculous. Reported them that their surveyor did wrong survey, they refused to comment because of client confidentiality, this is stupid is my house you are wrongly evaluating rubbish. Avoid never use them, disgrace customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 months later...
Hi all, is there anyone else on here that has had major problems because of building surveyors missing problems on a survey? I would be particularly interested in hearing from anyone who has dealt with esurv. I have posted in a separate thread yesterday but thought I would throw this to the floor and see if anyone else has had problems?

Sorry for a very late reply but yes major problems with Ekins who became e.surv

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

I recently bought a house via Barclays who recommended Esurv as the surveyor. When I finally did I had so many issues its unbelievable.

Once I moved in I found the roof had a hole in it.

Esurv insisted that they had inspected, but no one ever collected the keys. so I asked them, how did they enter?

When asked if they entered I received a letter saying they could not confirm this and have no evidence that anyone entered" but if I let another surveyor in to inspect the property they could check it and see if there was an issue.

At which point I received an email saying that the roof is fine and its often that you can see daylight through a roof and that's no problem. They also said that someone did enter it now and they've found proof as in site notes, but the original surveyor has been let go so there was no proof he didn't because they couldn't ask him and id just have to accept the notes had been found. (which I was unable to request as they were on the house and therefore not related to me)

when trying to complain I received a number of responses

1. Its an opinion and that's it. If I don't like it go somewhere else and I cant make a complaint about an opinion

2. Average roof is one that is "Not falling down" and therefore there assessment was fine.

3. I cant complain as im not there customer

4. Prove they didn't turn up, despite the emails and such, that just means that no one remembers them.

Its been an absolute nightmare and Barclays has been a disgrace. Refusing to acknowledge the complaint or investigate.

• 2 months later...

eSurv's £550 Homebuyer survey missed numerous problems with my property including some serious damp issues and the fact it had a lead mains water supply. All of these are costly to repair and were, as a result of eSurv's lack of professionalism, not discovered until after I moved in.

I complained to eSurv - who self regulate themselves (!) - and they sent out a second surveyor who confirmed what I was saying about the presence of certain problems.

However, eSurv's response was that they would not accept responsibility for these oversights on the following grounds:

1. The property was occupied at the time of the survey (hence more clutter and harder to notice things). As most properties will be occupied at the time of survey this basically means that most of the time they can use this excuse

2. Cushions were covering areas affected by damp and the surveyor is not expected to move or lift cushions as part of the Homebuyer report (£550). Cushions will only be moved if the buyer pays for the £1000+ report.

3. As the house sold for above the asking price, it is less likely that oversights could be seen as having affected the final sale value of the property. This means that oversights are more acceptable

4. Everything looks fine in the sales photos on the estate agent's website (they actually wrote this - i couldn't believe it).

Anyway, eSurv's negligence has caused me massive stress in having added costs to fix things in the house I didn't expect to have to spend time and money on. eSurv's shocking disdain for me as a customer has also resulted in me waiting huge amounts of time detailing the issues experienced - only to effectively be told to get stuffed.

I realise many reviews on here are positive and I'm envious of those people - but I honestly would never recommend anyone take a gamble on this company.

I have a few thousand pounds of unexpected costs to face and on top of that feel utterly taken advantage of by eSurv's shocking refusal to even accept responsibility - despite acknowledging the problems to be exactly as reported by me.

(N.B. eSurv was chosen for me by my bank - Barclays - I did not choose them)

• 1 year later...
If anyone is interested or requires any help with survey issues please do not hesitate to contact me.

I have worked as a Surveyor and previously as head of complaints against surveyors for one of the largest mortgage lenders in the UK.

For your information LSL are the holding company and eserv is part of them. Woolwich is the mortgage brand name for Barclays. They had their own surveyors "Ekins" which they sold to LSL - esurv. All barclays Valuations are carried out by esurv or passed to one of the sub contractors, this depends on your postcode). The previous director (well thats the title he gave himself) at Ekins and now at eserv was Richard "dickie" Deeprose. The girl who looks after Professional Negligence matters is Melanie Draper who is based in their Hinckley call centre. The problem with Ms Draper is the fact she has never worked as a surveyor and is just a spokesperson for the Directors.

Although all your valuations and survey reports are for you they are likely to have been commissioned through a lender. I suggest all complainst go to the lender. If anyone has any issues please contact me via this website and I will give free advice. Do not let the likes of Esurv get away with anything.

Are you still available to discuss esurv matters