bought second hand car from seller

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Hoping someone can advise.

My partner brought a second hand car a week ago from a private seller. the car seemed fine and he was told it has had a re-conditioned engine put in by the mecanic he was buying it from. he asked all relevant questions about belts being changed ect and was assured this had all been done when the engine was changed.

The car was then brought home and we were using this fine and very happy with it. untill about 3 days later when the car started smoking when started up, my partner checked the oil and noticed this was very low, so topped this up and thought that was the problem..

the car seemed to stop smoking for a day or 2 and then started again, checked oil again and again oil was almost empty. now the car is smoking constantly.

We are planning to go back to the person we brought from tomorrow and are just looking for some advise on if we have any rights in this case. We have a reciept but thats it?

You say it was a private seller... are you 100% sure?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

So his details are on the V5 as being the previous keeper and he dosn't have any other cars for sale?

If yes then your only hope is that the car was falsely advertised otherwise creek, paddle, without springs to mind. SOGA does not apply to private sales.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

His details are on the V5 as registered keeper. I was told he was a private seller but have now been informed he has 3-4 other cars parked in the same place as this one. he rents space from a garage to store and sell his cars on.