NTL's new late payment charge!

jon1979
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ntl have now started charging £10 if you pay your bill late.

I have been a customer to ntl for over two years, is right that i have to pay this charge to them even though i did not sign this in my contract at the start?

Any info would be great!

Was your package down graded & phone switched to incoming calls only? if so that is why they charged you, I haven't known them to charge £10 just for late payment. I rang NTL & threatened to move over to BT, the next day i got a call from customer care saying sorry i wasn't happy & if I stayed with them they would give me the next package up but at the lower package rate for 6 months. Its suprising what these companies will do to keep you with them.

I am actually with BT now but even they have made me offers to keep my custom.

on occassions my package has been downgraded, but the last few times that i have been charged it has not.

i am getting charged because im paying a few days later than what they want me to.

i will keep reading up on this tho, thanks for the info so far!

This is covered elsewhere in other threads - if challenged, they WILL remove the fee. They are worried if challenged they will have to shgow that it actually coists them £10 to process an enforced disconnection - however as consumers pay in ADVANCE for services, they actual loss is minimal. If CS don;t play ball, retention will anf offer a discounted deal. The same holds true if you pay the £4pm non-DDM fee. Challenge that too under the same rules.

• 2 months later...

I noticed a few months ago that I was being charged the non DD fee even though I pay by DD, I phoned up & complained & they refunded the cost of the following months bill which was about £70 even though the actual amount they overcharged me was about £40!!

RBOS - Settled in Full

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent, another offer made & rejected.Settled

CAP 1 - SAR Sent, Data received, offer rejected, LBA sent. Due to illness no further progress