cat vs natwest

purplecatlover
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

im thinking of sending cobbetts an uptpdate version of my schedule of charges, since i started there have been a couple more charges applied to my account, and obviously interest as changed since then too. do you reckon i could add them on and send it to cobetts with a letter something along the lines of please find attached an udated schedule of charges, the ful ammount of xxx being the amount i would accept as settlement of this case. documents to be used in court to follow. ?? (and i downloaded the court bundle, opened it in word and it wouldn tlet me save as it is a read only file, how can i make it not read only?

My personal feeling is to run with the existing claim and then go back for the rest after the first claim is settled. BUT if you can get cobbett's to agree then it may be worth it - as long as you're prepared for them to amend their defence. In my case (see my thread) there's absolutely no way I'm going to give them a sliver of an excuse to improve their defence.

If they don't agree, you can ask the court. The amendment fee is £35 and it's non-refundable.

that's my understanding, anyway.

Westy

Westy

If you like my post, click the scales!!

Nov 1 2006 Preliminary letter

21 Feb 2007 - cheque arrived for charges+DEBIT interest +Statutory Interest! Hurray!

Read all about it: natwesttookmymoney - v- NatWest

DONATE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN TO KEEP THE SITE GOING.

What can you claim? Vampiress has a good idea:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/69877-what-can-you-claim.html

Anything I say is just a suggestion. I'm a bigmouth, not a lawyer!

I'm pretty sure though that if you do wish to go down the amendmant route then it will mean re-submitting your claim through the courts, which of course is going to further delay proceedings.

I feel as though in this case it's probably best to make a seperate claim after settlement of this one.

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

well well well! i just had a knock ont he door wiht an unexpected special delivery letter. from cobbets, the ful and final settlement, the usual blah about their costs would exeed but they would win and two conditions 1. i agree not to disclose to any 3rd party any details relating to the payment 2. i withdraw my claim now do i accept? or do i push for withdrawal of the first condition?

timing wise i had till the 18th jan to send in the court bundle so check will be cleared before then and cancellaions can be sent then. check is all paid in now :D something for others to watch for if your paying your check into a diffwerent account, on my check where they ahd written my name they had also written into account no and my account number. i was paying it into their anyway since i dont ave another account but watch out folks. (and as a by the way i am reading along on some of your threads, just being quiet) a big thank you to everyone who has offere me help and advice, reasurance and encouragement here.