You guessed it, Nil Points!

Fairy Liquid
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received letter saying I have scored Nil Points by Atos. Thank God I found this site.

My next step is to see my GP and ask for a sick note. To say I am full of dread is an understatement, my anxiety has gone through the roof, can hardly function at home, crying all the time, this has knocked me for six. I feel like such a fraud and terrified of 'going begging' to my GP for continued state 'handouts'. Has anyone else had these feelings? Is it normal? I don't know whether to fight this or just make a claim for JSA and hope they don't make my life hell.

I have already made my appointment with my GP so will hope for the best. I would be grateful for any advice.

Thank you.

Hi Fairy Liquid

I am in the middle of an appeal on behalf of a friend who suffers with mental health issues - also scored 0 points!

I am certain plenty of more experienced peeps will come to your rescue on here, but in the meantime...

If you are going to appeal their decision you need to complete form GL24 within the deadline and send in regular medical certificates from your GP in order to claim the assessment rate whilst you appeal.

When you submit form GL24 try to enclose as much medical evidence as possible to support your appeal (ATOS probably had nothing of the sort on their desk when they assessed you).

Do you mind me asking what your health problems are?

If you do not believe you are able to work, then you should certainly appeal rather than claim JSA. Here's a post written by Site Team member Honeybee13 that gives advice to those planning to appeal to the tribunal. Do bear in mind that a significant number of people are successful at the appeal stage - it's not a waste of time, and provided your GP or other doctor can provide sick notes, you will be paid at the assessment rate while you wait for the appeal to be heard.

Obviously it's natural to be upset about this, but if you're too unwell to work you're not a fraud. In any case, the appeals procedure is right there in the law, and you are entitled to use it. I would, though, suggest that you approach things as dispassionately and logically as you possibly can. Although it may seem so at times, the DWP doesn't have it in for you personally. It's just a huge and faceless bureaucratic machine.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Hi Fairy Liquid, I can fully empathise with you on this matter:( I too failed an ATOS assessment and experienced everything that you have said, I used those feelings to fuel my appeal against their work of fiction and won it without having to go to tribunal, because I knew I wasn't a fraud.

If you haven't seen your report phone the ESA and request a copy, when you read it I am certain that you will find discrepancies, contradictions and failure to note down important issues that you had clearly explained to them.

Speak to your GP and fill out the appeal form and post everything to them via recorded delivery.

Hope evrything goes well:) as Atone says It is just a huge faceless bureaucratic machine.

From the experience of a relative that has just won her appeal that when you have the atos medical all they look at is your phyisical condition not your mental state. My relative got nil points as well and was awarded 16 points at appeal. Stick to it from my experence and from reading posts on CAG most who do appeal win.

dpick

Thank you for your advice and kind words antone, Dilizjo and dpick. I hope to join you in giving others advice as I go through the process of appeal. One thing's for sure, we're all in this together. Good luck and fingers crossed for all, and those yet to join us.

:grouphug: