Help With Various Debts Please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i really need some help.

I have numerous DCA chasing me for debts from a few years ago. Cut a long story short none of these debts were placed on my credit report, i can not remember the debts in question and im starting to lose the will to live !.

Currently i have sent two different letters, the first one stating that i have no recollection of these debts ect, then the second was the letter stating you have not contacted me after 12+2 days ect. These letters were taken from the templates i found on this GREAT site.

One DCA have replied stating the matter is closed and has been sent back to the original creditor to deal with and contact me ???? (REALLY ??) and the second out of FOUR have sent a letter back (and this is where i think I've slipped up big time) they are stating i need to send £1 to receive the documentation !!!!!!

I have not enclosed any money or £1 cheques to anyone and i wasn't aware i had to.

Will this affect the 12+2 days ect for them to respond to my letters because its been way over the 12+2 days more like 22 and they are NOW just getting in contact with me !!

SOMEONE pls help because mentally i cant deal with this issue any longer.

Thank you.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have started a new thread for you.

The letter requiring a copy of the agreement (S77/78 request) requires a payment of £1 so if you haven't paid that amount then the clock hasn't started ticking yet.

Can you give us some details and history of these debts. If these debts don't appear on your CRA file then there is a chance they are attempting to fleece you for something that is not due. Without more detail we can't say at the moment

How old are these debts, and when did you last make any payments?

When did you last check your credit files.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Wow thank you for the speedy response guys OK...

Company -Dlc - letter sent 12 Oct 2011 asking for 693.30. Client Hillesden securites.

- i called them saying i had no idea who they were they said all they know is that i owe the money and they would reduce it to 173.33 and that would be it which i found very strange. BILL STARTED APPARENTLY 28th MAY 2006

Company -Ruthbridge - No letter sent but a call out of the blue saying i owe 318. Client Argos.

- i spoke to the very nice man !!!!!!! who said i owe the money but would reduce it to 240 if payed off via credit card. BILL STARTED APPARENTLY 10th NOV 2007

- This company then sold the debt off to Zinc Recoveries who sent a letter 6th March 2012 asking now for the original 318 ??

Company Lowell Portfolio I - Letter received 14th March 2012 asking for a WOPPING 4509.58. client HBOS PLC.

- i spoke to this company via the phone and was told i owe the money and to pay up. BILL STARTED APPARENTLY 20th Dec 2001

On the 19th of March 2012 i sent to all companies a letter from a template i got from here saying i have no recollecting of this debt pls send the required information ect ect BUT I DID NOT enclose any £1 fee.

Within the 12+2 i received a letter from LOWELL saying " they are waiting for the response from the original creditor pls be patient and that THERE IS NO LEGAL OBLIGATION THAT STATES WE MUST SEND THIS INFORMATION WITHIN A CERTAIN TIME PERIOD and that they dont hold this information within there offices"

That was the last letter from LOWELL and no other letters were sent within the 12+2 days. After the 12+2 days on the date the 2nd April i sent the second letter to all companies that said that you have not sent the required information and that the account has entered default ect ect.

Ruthbridge after selling my debt on has sent a letter dated 3rd April saying they have sent the file back to original creditor (which is funny as they already sold it on to Zinc) and then stated they will no longer contact me.

Zinc have not contacted me AT ALL !!!

Dlc have sent me a letter which was dated 10th April saying to comply with the CCA 1974 i have to enclose the £1 for the information to be sent and that they cant respond until this is done. (BUT WHY COULDN'T THEY OF SENT THIS AFTER THE FIRST LETTER WAS SENT).

Hope this information doesnt confuse anyone, like i said i cant take this anymore kinda felling ill.

Thank you to all involved,

Most of these offering discounts are likely to

have no agreements or are statute barred (6 years no payment or written acknowledgment)

or nearly so.

You do need to send CCA requests to the debt collectors it will keep them quiet

for a while, meantime you must check your credit reference files, use Experian and

Equifax free trials, it will show default dates and actual ownership of the debts.

I they don't show on CRA files then let us know and we can advise further.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Check the CRA sites on line and find the details

for the £2 postal statutory credit report.

I'm confused ''can't get CRA report'' all on report except Lowell'' ????

The last time i checked i could see that only lowell was not on my CRA this was about 3 months ago. But if i need an up to date one ill have to do it. The only issue with this is that i have a HSBC self service card meaning i cant pay for things via the net and so i cant apply for any free CRA or £2 CRA's

Ok did you take a note/screen print of the entries, if so

what are the default dates showing?

Oh gosh can u do that sort of thing :oops:..... looks like i need to get a CRA done again dont i !.

The issue is if i do owe these debts altho i cant honestly remember them, if they don't comply within the regulations regards the paper work can they still enforce the debt.

Again thank you for your help.

You really have to think about whether anything has actually changed, since companies started to chase for these debts. From what I could see when helping with a relatives debts, is that the debts kept on being passed around the various DCA's. They kept threatening various, but nothing was ever followed through with. Eventually the debts became statute barred after 6 years. The only one my relative settled, was a mortgage debt, where they paid about 10% of the debt as a full and final settlement. They did this, as mortgage debts could be be chased for 12 years.

If any of the debts are not likely to be statute barred, then just ask DCA's for evidence of the debts. If they don't have the paperwork, then the letters from the DCA's are really only speculative invoices. With the CCA request letter, just send them a £1 postal order.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks buddy.

The way this is unfolding it looks like ill have to send all the relevant letters again with the £1 included then just wait (again). Obviously this isnt a problem apart from the rise in stamp prices lol. These so called debts i owe look like store cards ect which leads me to believe my ex has a part in this :-x. But as unsecured debts im just going to send the letters out again with the £1 wait then just ignore them after that.

Its funny im fighting for my country whilst getting attacked in my own country by these vultures .