The saga rambles on

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There have been new revelations since my previous thread (see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?339821-held-in-a-private-carpark-against-my-will-by-citypermits). I'm not sure whether to post back in that thread or start a new one. If someone could let me know that would be great. Since the last episode I haven't gone near the car park but nothing was ever done about the clampers. I was chased the other night by them on a public road as they recognised me, and chased me through Leeds for approximately 2 miles. I called 999 but they were no help. Police visited me this morning, and after telling them the story they contacted the head of City Permits. He said that they hadn't chased me, but they were only going home. This is complete rubbish. There are no witnesses to me being chased. I contacted the head of the complex who manage the site and employ City Permits. He said that something obviously needs to be done. I've demanded they either stop the men from being on site or remove City Permits completely. He says 'he'll look into it'. The head of City Permits said that as a repeat offender I should have been clamped. I am now worried they are going to try and recover the debt. I owe them quite a lot of money (probably in the thousands with all the tickets they have given me). The police seemed to take their side regarding me owing money, but said that it needs to go to court. I always thought the tickets weren't worth the paper they were printed on, but the police said I owe them a debt. Would love to hear all of your thoughts. Thanks

I would personally be going to court myself and getting a restraining order out,however I think others may have other advice

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

You would of been better sticking to the one thread TBH. Now we have 2 to look at to get the full picture!

IMHO, something has gone seriously wrong here.The police are wrong and personally I would be making an appointment to see someone higher up the ladder to discuss the matter at length. A private company cannot issue fines or penalties as they have no legal status to do so. However, the landowner can sue you for trespass if you are parking there regularly without permission. So if you owe any money to anyone, it's the landowner. Invite the clamping firm to take you to court if they think you owe them anything. That is their only legal option available. But they will not be able to recover money from the tickets issued because you should be able to convince the judge that they are in fact fines or penalties.

Ok thank you for the advice. As I'm in talks with the MD of the company that owns the land, and he's told me not to pay them - I'm guessing they won't be taking me to court? He even said he has tickets from private companies and he doesn't pay either! He was a really nice guy and was more interested in making sure we felt safe living where we did. He had no interest in money. It's City Permits that are furious with me. Have a clamping / ticketing company ever taken anyone to court over PCNs and won? If not, I will definitely invite them to take me to court.

Ok thank you for the advice. As I'm in talks with the MD of the company that owns the land, and he's told me not to pay them - I'm guessing they won't be taking me to court? He even said he has tickets from private companies and he doesn't pay either! He was a really nice guy and was more interested in making sure we felt safe living where we did. He had no interest in money. It's City Permits that are furious with me. Have a clamping / ticketing company ever taken anyone to court over PCNs and won? If not, I will definitely invite them to take me to court.

Possibly but only if the respondent hasn't been clued up before hand. As far as i'm aware, most won't go near a court because they know their grounds are very weak. They know that they cannot recover debts via fines or penalties so no doubt there are no mentions of those words on the tickets. BUT they will have to explain what their losses/damages are and convince the judge that they are proportionate to what they are claiming. Very difficult when there is no parking charges involved in the first place.