Billy Oh No!!

Ferfex Ache
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4397 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Am in need of urgent advice.

Was having work done in the garden via a contractor and decided to add a shed to the project. The contractor purchased the shed online for me......I chose it etc. Anyways, this was done back in February and the shed was supposed to be delivered within week or 2, except it wasn't.

The contractor gave up trying to chase it up as the customer services as the company selling the shed was so bad, so I took up the quest 6 weeks down the line. It took at least 8 calls to discover that although they had taken the money back in Feb, they had never put the order through for dispatch or anything. They had forgotten all about it and thought it was pretty funny.

I complained to the manager of the shed company by email and again by letter and was ignored. It did eventually arrive after me chasing it up with the couriers and after waiting another week to be slotted in to have it privately fitted, it was installed today complete with added extras paid by myself for lighting, sockets etc. The contractors did a brilliant job, but the shed is the worst piece of rubbish I have ever seen in my life.

You can see daylight between every plank of wood, the roof doesn't fit and sits well off the actual panels. I am 5' 2" tall and can barely stand up in it at the highest point and the windows are thin, cheap perspex with no seals and nothing to hold them in. I have waited 7 weeks and forked out a fortune between contractors and the actual shed company for the biggest lot of rubbish ever and it wasn't cheap I hasten to add.

I spent so much time and effort calling them to get the shed here in the first place and have had nothing but hassle from them so far on that point alone. The contractor is not to blame in any way, but this shed is absolute shoddy rubbish. Is there anything I can do about this? Do I have any rights?

Any info most welcome.

Is it fit for purpose? does it fit the description? is the size the same as the advert stated as it must have given the dimensions etc?

Did the contractors fit the shed together correctly, could it be their fault the roof dosnt fit.

Once you have a comprehensive list of what is wrong and where the item dosnt fir the description then it needs to be taken up with the seller, but as the contractor purchased it i think he will have to deal with them

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Hi assisted blond,

No it is definitely not fit for purpose.

The roof is a cheap, poor design and shaped like a saucer along the back wall. No roof would ever fit to it. The front is badly bowed outwards. Daylight can be seen between every plank and there are more cracks and holes in it than a teabag. There is nothing to hold the bottom of the windows in place, so they rattle about and you can actually put your hands through them.

As far as the height goes, when I ordered it, I never for a second imagined that sheds would be sold to anyone at such a low height such as an average height man couldn't stand upright in it. If it had been advertised as a hobbit shed, then ok. I wouldn't put a dog in it and would doubt a dog would want to go in it.

I got some advice from Consumer Advice today and like you say, the onus falls on the poor contractor and not the mongrels who are selling this rubbish. No point in me hounding the contractor as I know any attempts made with the shed company will be in vain :sad:.

I can only assume that gardenbuildingsonline use bogus reviews next to their products as after doing a search online today from other sources, it turns out that there are lots and lots of angry people who have had the same problems as myself with them and their Billyoh Sheds.

Looks like I have lost all that money and am back to the drawing board and in search of a replacement shed before it gets windy or rains.

These people should not be allowed to trade rubbish and get away with it. Typically, the consumer loses again. The rip off continues until it can be stopped :ballchain:

Really annoying you could perhaps just ask the contractor to write to them for you, they shouldnt get away with selling shoddy goods, i am not sure but if he was acting as your agent you may be able to speak to them yourself, long time since I studied contract law so I will have to go and have a look. if i come up with anything I will let you know.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.