Enforcement Letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4427 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received an enforcement letter from baliff's (jacobs) dated 19/3/2012, but was not driver on date of offence as was out of country which can be substantiated. I also sold the car 9/02/2012 unaware of this situation. The car was bought by my boss and is used by my daughter who lives at the correspondence address - can they lift the car ??

Hi,

I have received an enforcement letter from baliff's (jacobs) dated 19/3/2012, but was not driver on date of offence as was out of country which can be substantiated. I also sold the car 9/02/2012 unaware of this situation. The car was bought by my boss and is used by my daughter who lives at the correspondence address - can they lift the car ??

Hello and welcome to CAG. I think the guys will need more information to be able to help you.

Was this a ticket from the council or the police, or a private parking company please?

When was the ticket issued?

How was the situation left?

I hope I've asked the right sort of questions and that the guys will be along later with some thoughts for you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

If the offence was on a public road and the Police or Local Authority issued a Penalty Charge Notice there would have been a string of documents, Notice to Owner, Charge Certificate etc, which were ignored.

If it is a Private Parking Contractor Notice (disguised to look official and threatening) they can only act as baliffs after you had been taken to Court, you lost, and you failed to pay what the Judge ordered within 28 days.

More info please.

OffTopic Edit - Perfect, HB!

1. Originally council

2. 25/8/2011

3. Only received 1st commuication 19/03/2012 due to change of address's

4. I communicated with jacobs this morning advising them that I sold the car 09/02/2012

Thanks in advance

It doesn't matter who the driver was (no-one is driving a parked car). The owner at the time will be liable.

The fact that you have sold it means they cannot legally lift it (provided you can demonstrate to them that you really did sell it, prior to the warrant being issued). However it is within their power to clamp it in order to ascertain who the actual owner is, so there could be hassles in the pipeline.

As advised above, you will need to contact Northampton County Court and obtain papers to file an Out of Time Witness Statement. This will formally challenge the bailiff's warrant, on the basis that you did not receive the NTO. (It was not sent to your correct address).

If is is accepted you are back with the original charge to settle or appeal. If not, then you can persevere with the process - post back here for more advice.