just bought my car (v5 issues)

brycejones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4445 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just bought my car today but ive just noticed the dealer didnt get me to sign the v5.

its actually the v5 from the previous owner but the yellow part is missing (presume hes sent it off)

but other then trying to contact the previous owner how can i send of to change it into my name?

help please.

The person selling the vehicle must complete section 6 'new keeper or new name/new address details' of the V5C. Both you and the seller need to sign the declaration in section 8.

It is the responsibility of the person selling the vehicle to send it in to DVLA. They should then hand you the V5C/2 section appropriately filled in.

so the seller should have a full v5 including the yellow part registered in his name?

i think the v5 i was given was in the previous owners name (before the garage)

should i just call the dealer?

No. If the yellow part is missing, that is correct as the previous RK sold it "into trade". So the previous RK completed the yellow section 9 and sent it to DVLA.

Now that you have bought it from the dealer, he should have completed the main section with your details and sent it to DVLA and given you the green section 10 only.

If it was me, I would just complete the details myself then send it off keeping the section 10 "new keeper" section.