SCM solicitors giving me grief with existing debt repayment plan, please help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

About six months ago I started to sort out all my debts with the help of a financial advice service who now no longer deal with me as everything (was) sorted.

Among these was a Halifax account which hadn't at that point been passed to a debt collection agency.

A repayment plan was set up with the Halifax and I was informed that I'd just have to notify Halifax's solicitor when the debt was passed over. So far, so good.

I received a letter from SCM dated the 28th Feb and rang them twice to inform them that I already had a payment arrangement set up.

Both times I was told that my account was being moved between departments and I'd have to ring back.

So I rang today to be told that my payment plan had been cancelled and there was nothing I could do to sort it yet because my account was still being 'moved'.

Apart from the practical fact that I can't afford to ring keep ringing them (and I think three times is enough!) I'm concerned at what they're playing at.

Does it really take two weeks to move an account?

And why would they cancel a repayment plan?

The letter's the usual pay within 14 days sort of thing, but what's going to happen if it looks like I'm no longer paying and haven't made any effort to do so?

If anyone has any advice it would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

they have no powers ANYWAY

they are a fake/tame solicitor

WHY are you talking on the phone to these muppets!!

NEVER EVER discuss your debts with a DCA or fake solicitor!!

END OFF

i hope all your debts SHOW on your CRA file?

dx

• Confused 1

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you keep paying under an agreement in writing, and SCM come in and muck it up by trying to cancel the agreement and litigating, there’s a good chance that estoppel may apply. If you keep paying the agreed amount, there’s bugger all they can do.

• Confused 1

Follow the advice given - both are very knowledgeable. Never ever ring a DCA of SCM - latter are just in house sols for Halifax. Halifax systems cannot cope with an agreed repayment plan. After a while the computer just spews out bog standard letters threatening blah blah blah. If you contact them they will not recognise you have a payment plan.

Just keep paying as per plan - at most write to them stating this fact and therefore to go ******* themselves. In past also wrote a complaint letter to Halifax.

As advised check that CRA

Best of luck and don't worry you are in safe hands.

Intend