Lowell using SD for old BC debt **WON WITH COSTS**

Noumidia
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

make a payment now so the balance is under £750.

There's an argument for an abuse of process as they are attempting to circumvent statute. The CCA 1974 sets out requirements lenders must follow for enforcement.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

• 2 weeks later...

I received a court letter regarding the SD

1) The creditor shall by 4 pm on the 12/06/12 file with court and send to Mr xxxxx a statment exhibiting all documents upon which they intend to rely in support of the debt.

My question is if they provide all the document i asked for can i add in my application that the account is in dispute regarding the credit card charges.

You would mention it, but it would continue outside of any court proceeding as well. If the SD was to stand and they ever moved towards bankruptcy, then any issues about charges could be addressed at that time.

No expert on this. I think the SD is only an enabling device that can then be used for bankruptcy proceedings, if the debt cannot be resolved by other means.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

In the court letter regarding the SD:

1) The creditor shall by 4 pm on the 12/06/12 file with court and send to Mr xxxxx a statment exhibiting all documents upon which they intend to rely in support of the debt.

2)The applicant (me) Mr xxxxxx shall by 4 pm 10/07/12 file with the court and send to the creditor a statment in reply.

3) The court day is 14/08/2012.I was told by the district judge that if Lowell miss the deade line then write to me to inform the court that they defaulted.

My question is there any special template letter? or what happen next

You could edit something along the lines of this and send recorded delivery to the court)

Dear Sir / Madam

Case reference:

In the case of (Nasty DCA vs XXXXX)

On request of District Judge (name) I wish to inform the court / District Judge (name) and in line with the order of the court

That the claimant has failed to file any statement / documentation by the given deadline.

In light of the abuse of the insolvency rules, the defendant now requests a strikeout with an order for costs against the claimant.

I hereby declare that the facts laid out above in this statement are true.

(signed)

(dated)

• 3 weeks later...

I requested a SAR from Barclay Bank on 21/05/12 relating credit cards, however i have not received any reply from them, is there a template letter to follow? or do i need to call them.

I requested a SAR from Barclay Bank on 21/05/12 relating credit cards, however i have not received any reply from them, is there a template letter to follow? or do i need to call them.

They have 40 days to respond from the date they receive the letter, I take it you sent it Recorded Delivery?

Once 40 days are up allow 2 days then if not received you then go to I.C.O. website and fill in a complaint form giving dates etc.

ICO must be getting fed up with the complaints about companies not complying with the rules, good maybe they start fineing them.

HSBC got a slap on this one after I complained.

Edited by Old Cogger
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I received my SAR this morning, however i am very disapointed of what they send.

Barclays are using their dirty tricks again when dealing with customer complaint.

They send the following documents.

1. Credit Agreement.( PPI not tick)
  2. Dozens of corresponding letters.
  3. Data protection act reporting,

which contains

1. a history of communications,
  2. credit limit increase,
  3. missing payments,
  4. last payment,
  5. Default notice,
  6. date PPI was cancelled,
  7. date the a/c was sold
  8. a load of usless information.

They never send a statment which shows

1. transaction
  2. charges
  3. PPI and life insurance.
  4. I requested SAR for 2 Accounts and they send incomplete information only for one A/C.

I am preparing a letter before action (ConsumerWiki - Data Protection Act: Non-Compliance,template 2).

Thank you 42man for all your assistance

Today,I received a letter from the court relating (see #33):

You letter dated xxxxxxxx was reffered to the District Judge who has directed that requests will be considered at the hearing on xxx August.

My problem is that i am not available during the date of the hearing and i dont know what to do. Do i delay the case ? which will cost about £80.

Please any help and thankyou

Get the date changed or attend, too many people it seems do non appearance and loose, it is an important matter, and reading lowell threads you have to be careful , but others may be able to assist you with an idea , let us see.

Edited by Old Cogger
:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

I can not attend because during this date i will be abroad and if change the date can i add the the cost to the claim ? or Can Lowell submit new evidences.At the moment the case is in my favour because they defaulted to submit the documents asked by the court.

I received my SAR this morning for both credit card accounts.However, the transactions were dated from 06/2004 to 06/2012 and the card were issued:

1. Barcalaycard was issued 05/1997 and was sold on 06/2006, i know i canceled PPI on 02/2004, card protection, live insurance.
  2. Barclaycard (Mastercard) was issued 06/2000 till 2007, In the statement they dont show when they took about £800 from my current a/c on 11/2010.

So i am unable to claim charges on both account or to proove that the debt in Mastercard is less than £750.I send yesterday a letter before action requesting that "If you do not hold certain things / information then you have to confirm this in writing too ".

I phone the court yesterday,asking them to change the hearing day, and i explained to them that the case is an insolvency case, the operator firstly said :"you need a N form." and i replied :" Is not a civil case" and then he put me on hold for few minute and said :"you need to fill a form 7.1.A and cost £70 ".I phone, twice and those courts operator are useless, I still dont know what to do and i am going away next week. Is anyone there had the some problem?