ET have accepted my claim but I need help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I'm getting myself confused to next steps so hopefully you will be able to offer me some advice.

The ET have accepted my unfair dismissal claim and have sent me in writing next steps, the first one being me sending to my ex employer what I am looking for in resolution to the case. I did complete this section on the ET1 form itself which they will now have a copy. So I assume I've got to put in writing a letter confirming what sum of money I want and why/how I've made that decision? Is that right? Also I'm not sure to to send this too yet I've no correspondence person assigned. This has to done fairly urgently any advice would be appricated.

Hi there

It's usual to file a "schedule of loss" which shows exactly how much you've lost. I think there are examples on google.

It usually includes a basic award and compensatory award. Include in it wrongful dismissal (your notice pay) if it applies, contractual benefits in lieu, holiday pay and lost earnings, and injury to feelings if it's discrimination. You need to make the schedule as high as possible, because it's designed to reflect your best day in court.

I don't know if you are aware of this, but there are no-win no-fee employment lawyers, and also you may be covered under your contents/building/car insurance for legal fees on employment disputes. I didn't know this until today either. Hope this helps?

It seems quite early in the day for ET to be requesting that a schedule of loss be set out. I agree with stuart_coogh you need to get yourself a solicitor. Don't know what your financial situation is but have you tried legal aid? I know that they would not attend court with you but they would be able to assist you up until this point, they would help you to set out a schedule of loss also and can arrange legal representation for you if it reaches to a full hearing. Have you had any dealings with ACAS at all?

Lolitta x

Hi "noname". You might want to take a look at a thread I started : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?339039-Fairly-urgent-tribunal-advice-needed

In it, Becky in particular has given some absolutely stelar advice and you and I seem to be in a fairly similar boat. You may find answers to many of your questions there. I'll keep an eye out here, too, as you'll probably have the same questions I do so it'll save poor Becky et al from double-answering.

The guys here are absolutely brilliant - listen to them carefully. And GOOD LUCK.