Barclays banking and setting-off - advice needed

dawg
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4480 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,Im not sure if this is the right section but im looking for a little bit of advice.Ive only just realised Barclaycard have taken over all Egg accounts,

I see now this was big news but I dont recall ever receiving word about it but thats not really the problem at the minute.

During the credit crunch I entered into a DMP and Egg were one of my creditors. Ive never really recovered from the situation the credit crunch put me in so ive remained on the DMP. My concern is that I bank with Barclays and although I dont have any savings and im always in my overdraft im concerned that they can take my wages and prevent me from paying my bills.

Ive checked with my DMP manager and Barclays have accepted the offer of payment so its not like they are chasing me for the money but im still thinking it might be wise to move banks.

I have an account with Loyds and also one with nationwide, neither of which I use but both are active, would anyone know where I can find out if either of these are part of an institution as ive heard banks part of the same institution can access other banks accounts for setting-off.Barclays are not the only creditors I owe, also owe to Co-op, HBOS and MBNA.Any advice would be appreciated

Please forgive the formatting of the above post, I copy and pasted this from another thread I started elsewhere and it wont seperate lines or paragraphs when I edit it for some reason.

Read the FSA guide - Know Your Rights and also read up on BCOBS.

If you have any questions after that, come back here.

You might also want to give Barclay's a copy of the FSA guide because we find very often that they don't seem to be too clear on their clients' rights themselves.

Both interesting reads, thank you. So correct me if im wrong, but what im reading basically says whilst its not illegal for the banks to take money from my account to cover the credit card debt, they should inform me 14 days in advance and if they have already agreed to a repayment term, which they have, going back on this without good reason (ie me not paying them the agreed amount on the agreed date) then they would be acting unfairly and in either case I would have grounds to take them to court.

What I also learned is that I may be able to complain as I have had over £200 worth of bank charges due to bounced DD`s in the past year, usually because DD`s were being taken early in the day and my wages or money transfers werent clearing til late that day.