Possession Claim hearing - tomorrow

NYGIRL
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 years later...

Hello,

I would appreciate some advice if someone can help please.

Back in Jan 2012 we fell into arrears on a loan secured on our house, we ended up going to court (this site gave us loads of advice & help prior to court) and we agreed to pay an extra monthly amount to clear the arrears. The loan was sold to Moorgate Consulting in 2013.

Moorgate wrote to us in October 2014 asking why hadn't made the agreed payments, we called them to state that we had and ended up sending them bank statements to prove payments had been made. They then called us back and stated it was their error and we are up to date but they asked if we could pay any more towards the arrears. We couldn't so they said they will call us again in around 3 months. They called us in Dec 14 to ask again to increase our payments, we stated we couldn't and again they stated they would call again despite me saying the situation wouldn't change.

We have now received a letter (hand delivered) from an excel services who have asked us to contact them as they can assist us with our finances and will help us agree a repayment plan with Moorgate. We haven't responded but we've just had our door knocked and its a gentleman from excel services who asked for our ID and wanted to come in & discuss our financial situation & they are here to help. We refused & explained we pay the arrears every month as agreed and that won't be changing for the foreseeable future. He stormed off!

1. My question is can they do is?

2. Why don't they write to us, why send someone else?

3. Are we within our rights to stick to the arranged repayment plan & not feel pressured into changing it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.