Aviva removed my car

Prefuse
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4473 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I wonder if anyone can help. I recently had a crash in my car after skidding on some black ice. I am insured by Aviva. The car is a write off. I am currently in negotiations with Aviva regarding a settlement.

Nothing has been agreed what so ever at this stage. Aviva had the car taken to my nearest approved garage for assessment. I telephoned the garage today to enquire about picking up some personal items from the boot of the car and to my surprise the garage said Aviva had picked the car up and taken it away!

Where I asked, we don’t know the garage said. I telephoned Aviva and they didn’t know what was going on and after some dithering have agreed to get the car back to the garage.

Now unless I am wrong and as nothing has been agreed I still own the car and Aviva should not have removed the car at all? Is it illegal?

Many thanks for any advice.

P -

Guest Aviva Support

Hi Prefuse,

Sorry to hear about your recent accident. I hope you came out of it unharmed.

I'd like to look into this for you. To be able to do so can you please email me the following details:

• Full name
  • Date of birth
  • Full address
  • Policy number or Claim reference

My email address is [email protected]

Can you please include my colleague Dave on the email in case you get back to me when I'm out of the office later. His email address is [email protected]

We look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Martin Banwell

Social Media & Web Support

Aviva UK

• 2 weeks later...

hi prefuse,

Sorry to hear about your accident.

If you want to know where your car has been taken together with other relevent details its very easy to find out.Although Aviva dont make you aware of the fact you can carry out a subject access request which costs you £10 and they are legally bound to forward all the relevant paperwork, e-mails,phone call recordings etc to you within 40 days of recieving this.

If you want to know how to do this look at my previous posts or request it from me and I will list all the details again.Rest assured your car will not have been released from the garage without supporting paperwork and Aviva will be well aware of where its location is otherwise they would be liable.