Wrong code on PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Can anyone tell me if one has a right to appeal a PCN if the offence is recorded as one thing when it is entirely another? And the other although technically an offense was only just.

My friend got a PCN for parking partly on a pavement. The marked parking bays in the controlled parking zone for which a yearly fee is paid, extends from the road up onto the pavement as it is a narrow road. When queried, it turned out the offense was not parking within the white painted lines. The tires went over the line on the pavement side by a few inches, but the whole car was within the front and back lines OK.

In this case if the fine is paid, would it have to be at the higher rate for code 62 (parked on pavement) or the medium for code 24 (incorrect parking in bay)

Thanks in advance

Thank you for replying.

It is not an offence though to park on the pavement in that road, it was approved by the council even before they painted the bays,which go around over a foot onto the pavement, that is why I don't think using of code 62 on the ticket is correct and when the council informed on the phone that the offence was actually code 24.

Hmmm. I think it depends on definitions. Is the area which is on the pavement but inside the marked bays, considered part of the carriageway? If so, then code 62 could logically apply. But I agree that code 24 is the one which would generally be used.

Are you planning to appeal? If so, you may as well go ahead and state that the wrong contravention is stated, and hope they agree.