urgent help again please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I've previously posted about our situation but it has just got a lot worse.

My Husband has been on sick leave for over a year with work related depression.

He has been paid full for 6 months (policy is 6 months full, 6 months half pay and then 6 months ssp)

at the 6 month point he and his line manager filled the forms in for unum salary protection.

He was told that this had kicked in and was still recieving full pay.

In december he only recieved half pay and when checking with the company they told us that he had been paid in error

and that he had used up all his 6 months half pay and ssp and that the salary protection hadnt actually been set up.

The company did send a letter (at the end of december after the half wages had been paid) but to our old address.

my husband has updated the address countless time but they are still payslip and correspondance to the old address.

The company are currently trying to sort out the salary protection but in the mean time we have not been paid a penny,

we've not had the form from them either to set up any esa (not even sure if we could claim that).

In the interim we have asked the company to pay him his full holiday allocation and they were trying to sort out a bacs payment of this amount so we at least had some money.

Today we have been told that they cannot pay him holiday in a lump sum and can only pay him this money

if they sign him back to work but he remains off for the full total of holidays

- equivalent to about 7 weeks and they would then pay him as normal next pay day (end of feb)

once the holiday had been paid then he could be signed back on sick leave!!

This would then class as two seperate occasions of sick leave and would then probably invoke further disiplinary action (currently on a stage 1 due to length of time off)

is this even legal??

can we demand that they pay this owed money in a lump sum?

we are completely at our wits end now and really dont know what to do.

we only have my income which does not cover bills and living costs and a small child to feed.

the company dont seem to care!

i'm not sure how much more stress we can cope with :(

please help!

Many Thanks in advance

Hi, Try ACAS, (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) they deal with Employer Issues, type ACAS on yahoo, to get their website, or see the link below, they also have a helpline phone number.

The Acas Helpline is the place to go for both employees and employers who are involved in an employment dispute or are seeking information on employment rights and rules. The Helpline provides clear, confidential, independent and impartial advice to assist the caller in resolving issues in the workplace.

Call the Helpline on 08457 47 47 47

Also maybe Contact Citzens Advice Bureau, Hope you get this sorted, this is the last thing you both need, getting messed about. I also suffer from Depression, so I know what it's like.

Take Care x