style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner and her daughter recently moved into a new property the previous tenant has several DCA's chasing her bailiffs are currently trying to collect a council tax debt accrued by the previous tenant and are threatening to clamp my partners daughters car today. She is currently trying to find the bill of sale for the car, if it does not turn up I have told her to move the car somewhere out of the way, would a statutory declaration safeguard against this in the future?

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Also, if they have just moved in if they get in touch with the council and let them no they are new tenants and date they moved in on then ask them to update there record and stop bailiffs from calling.

Thanks for the reply's all, my partner contacted the council and they have called the dogs off, mind you the previous tenant did a moonlight last November and knocked everyone in sight, parking fines, council tax, gas, electricity, finance companies, you name it, I expect that my partner will be getting grief for a while yet.

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

If the bailiff turns up show them the tenancy agreement or a letter with a commencement date from the council, if the bailiff is then so stupid as to levy, and leave a notice of seizure contact the council and complain stating you will be suing them for a wrongful seizure. you shouldn't have any further problems.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

And if they get any other letter for the old tenant just get them to write -NO LONGER AT THIS ADDRESS- on them and put them back in the post box. they all get the hint in the end.

Took me 2 years to get rid of them all from my current place after the last tenant left the country without paying anything for a year other than his rent.

BTW if they don't take the hint after the tenancy agreement/proof is shown to them call the police, and tell them you have a bogus official at the door, they should soon go away then, as if they wait fior plod, and plod are savvy in that they see the name of the debtor bailiffs paperwork, and your Tenancy proof are different they should move them on.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!