Help Dont no what to do

Susansjp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4475 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In quite alot of debt and really struggling to pay them off, I have tried speaking to the compaies to try work a payment plan but all decline the offer and im left with courts after me an balifs after me all the time.

I am not able to work due to illness at the minute and the benifits i recieve dont cover much of the debt to be able to use that.

What can i do as i cant enter and IVA with no money to be able to pay for it and i cant enter a DMP due to the same reason. were can i go to get help, will citizens advice help and how much would bancrupcy cost with them as im struggle of were to turn too. thanks in advance for any help

Depends on the debts and amounts. Give the National Debtline a call to see what you can do. http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

Difficult to advise on an internet forum. Better to phone National Debtline so you can have a confidential conversation with them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

id like to go bancrupt and get rid of everything, Ive been told to go to citizens advice and been told they will help with paperwork and helping but 1 peroson says its cheap to do that way or do it through court at 500 - 600 pound that i dont have. some one else has said citizens advice bancrupcy cost just as much???

pers

i would get your ducks inline FIRST

and find out EXACTLY where you do stand with the debts.

get your CRA file

then ONLY bother about the debts that SHOW.

you need to do that and then list the debts here

we can help in many many ways

but we need info FIRST.

we often get people coming here thinking they have +£20k of debt

once we know the facts

we normally find 75% of that is not real or can be offset against reclaiming.

get you cra file [see my sig below]

then comeback here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there are many and some i dont even have paper work for and struggling to keep up with whats what. i have a court fine and every time i manage to sort one another appears last one was for 700 pounds. think the debts are prob over 30,000

the court fine has apparently been going on for months and months and they say they have sent letters and letters but i have not recieved them, i missed a few payment for council tax and things. got at least 8,000 on car finance, the insurance wouldnt pay out on it, there are also bits from wen was with my partner and they debts seem to be getting passed on to me from years ago,

Is the court fne for council tax? What insurance wouldn't pay out on the car finance PPI or actual car insurance? Are the debts from when you were with your partner joint debts? And how many years ago? You need to be specific if you want help, whether that turns out be bankruptcy or another method youneed to know exactly how much you owe, to whom and for how long.

some debts were from years ago and they wur wen with my other partner, i will look through all details i have and get them all written on here. the car had been nicked and burnt out and the finance company are asking to pay for the car. that is correct it is for council tax. every time i sort one and get help and pay it another one is put throug hthe door, I will try find as much info as can i put it on here some paper work i dont no about and i really dont what the next debt will be that comes throught the door sayin we have been sending letters for mnths and months with no reply so were taking you to court. I have no ppi

Ok who is currently threatening to take you to court? Concentrate at the moment only on those who are actively contacting you. E.g if there are debts you have heard nothing of recently just forget it just now. Now those dca who are currently threatening court in all likelyhood wont do so, so try not to worry. Everysingle one of us in this forum will have recieved an abundance of letters threatening court action, i regularly get a letter from a particular dca for an 02 account i had in 2001 in Scotland debts are SB after 5 yrsso this particular one is now thru 2 5yr periods its only about 50 quid and i could easily pay it but on principal i dont (the bill went unpaid due to genuine billing dispute at end of contract term) its now sb twice over theyhreaten cou still but actually its legally unenforceable so would be laughed out of courtif they tried. I ignore those letters entirely.

get that cra file done

that will give a clear picture of WHO ior IF

you should be paying some of your debts.

if you've got ctax arrears and are behind this year

you really need to drop everyone else down to a few £1's if anything.

keep going you are doing well.

FORGET the old debts for now

mortgage/rent util bills [gas/elec] CTAX, fines, are the priority to pay.

this looks like it could be fun and an eye opener for you.

get that cra done asap.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

P.s i notice you mention your currently on benefits, just wanted to make sure you have checked your entitlement for council tax/housing benefit. This will help keep your current council tax and rentfrom gettig arrears. You can work out repayments for already existing arrears once you know more.

well its the council and they are demanding 778.33 from me i have managed to get payment to half and half thats all they would do to help me pay it off, also have a log book loan that i pay 50 a week to after having to get a 3rd party to help me. the council are demanding the rest of the payment on 31st january.

I am on benifits but not claming a great deal and really struggling. because i was self impoyed and have had to stop due to ilness i have been told i cant claim bits and peices and that because i have council house and have a family living with me we get roughly 138 every 2 weeks thats ment to keep me my partner and child. the council are also charging £78 rent

So just under 400 to pay council tax at end of month, does that include fine? Can you afford to pay this much? It is a priority debt so you do want to pay this one but if you cantafford to pay that biga lump some then negotiate to pay in installments. Log book k loan how much is outstanding? And what was the original payments?

the council bill of 400 pounds is the fine that has to be paid, i have tried to to get them to take instalements but they wont they wont nearly 400 quid that i seriously can not get hold ov.

the log book loan iroughly 850 quid i have a 3rd party helpin me pay that bill at 50 a week

log book original payments were 101 a month now 50 quid a week but i cant keep getting sum1 to pay that for me. they said if i dont pay 50 a week they will remove car even tho im payin more a month they wont let me change things and getting quite nasty

DUMP logbook loan

it is NOT a priority bill

i think itwould be better if you started a thread on this in the logbook loan forum

your bill of sale or whatever will no doubt be faulty.

as for the council

they dont get ccj's so you have bailiffs after you

hope you are not paying the bailiff

dx

and they