help please with welcome finance

killaspam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4327 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey guys need a bit of advice re welcome finance and its a bit of a long one but here goes

in feb of 2008 i purchased a car through a company offering credit even if you have been turned down,

the company was called "windsor finance"

and the payments were £218 per month inc all the insurances ppi and so on

but on telephoneing windsor finance i discovered that it was infact welcome finance.

in oct of 2009 my wife was taken very ill with a condition called chiari malformation a condition that affects the brain and she was unable to work

and had lots of surgery but i carried on working and paying for the car.

in feb of 2010 i was made redundant and sucsessfully managed to carry on the payments through ppi for 12 months

a godsend due to the fact i was now recieving benfits for staying at home looking after my disabled wife.

in feb of 2011 the ppi payments stopped and i still owed 1500 or thereabouts

and after a meeting at the local welcome office a payment plan was agreed of £50 per month to clear the finance

and up until november this had not been a problem,

then the phone call from welcome that made us sick.

as the payment term for the loan had now ended the wanted payment in full

and with all the charges it was still £1300

i felt sick to my stomach,

weekly phone call to and from welcome came up with a solution

"if they take the car back the debt will reduce"

they would buy the car back.

here are the figures £1300 owing

after they buy the car back i will only owe £1189.

£111 pounds for the car

i have tried to ring them to refuse the offer but now they wont take my calls

i have even tried to increase the monthly payments but as of yet no word from them.

is there anybody that can offer some advice please with this matter/:sad:

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have no claim whatsoever on the car, you MUST report them to Trading Standards and the Office of Fair Trading who are well aware of this company.

Because you have paid more than 2/3rds of the value of the car (which was probably inflated anyway) they CANNOT claim it without getting a court order, and the car would be worthless to them - because you have claimed on the PPI I think there is little chance of getting anything back by this way.

thanks sillygirl1 all i am after really is to increase the payments but i had a valuation done on the car by the rac and they are telling me between 1700 and 1200.

its making us ill with worry and not doing my wife's recovery anygood either

thanks for the advice will take it on board, they are suppose to be contacting me today to discuss payments, however i have spoken to a friend this morning at school and he has surgested i go to the local county court and file for an administration order what ever that is.

Have you got a copy of the original agreement?

Never ever deal with the local office, they only exist to get as much money off you as they can, in as short a possible time.

Only agree to pay what you can actually afford - and never speak to them on the phone.

Windsor Finance are a brokers - did they tell you that Welcome would be paying them a large commission for arranging this loan? At what stage did you become aware that the loan was from Welcome and not Windsor?

go get reclaiming!!

you can get that PPI back

and ALL the penalty charges they have levied on you

they'll owe you

not the other way aaround

you need to STOP

conversing on the phone

everytrhing in WRITING fromnow on.

can you SAR them please

include a line that says:

and copies of all/any agreement with you.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi dadofholly,

yes i still have the oridginal agreement was never told anything at the time of signing about welcome finance,

my boss "when i was working" even took a telephone call from windsor finance confirming my employment.

it was only after 6 or so months into the finance that i had to call to change the payment plan from monthly to weekly

rang the number on the windsor finance agreement but got welcome finance on the other end of the phone.

i have tried to trace windsor finance as i have there address but there is no company listed at the premesis (spelling really bad).

i have no problem paying £20 per week after juggleing some payments around but welcome rang yesterday and

stated the dont think a direct debit would be possible due to the fact was in arrears.

sent them a postal order before christmas they say it was never recieved but i checked with po counters and it has been cashed..

my wife is due back in hospital in feburary to have some skull removed due to her condition and all this is really making her ill with worry.

as for the volentary termination what a joke 11 pounds for a car worth according to which car guide 1200 to 1700 pounds..

to add just found a recent statment from welcome which may as well be written in greek as things dont add up. they are telling me i am not entitled to claim any ppi as i have used my 12 months claim when i was made redundant

garbage!!!!!

you make a spreadsheet and take all what they've givn you so far off the end.

can you scan up the agreement please.

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture[jpg] file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf

than many single ones

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

then hit reply button

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Would definatley send them an SAR. Be intersting to see what they come up with.

Would also send a formal CCA request. No agreement = no payment.

Here is the template to the letter - send it with a postal order for £1.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?414-CCA-request-letter.

Send the letter as advised in post 19.

Also send them an SAR.

send everything to their head office and never deal with their local office - and refuse to speak to them on the phone. If they continue to phone you come back and we can send them the telephone harrassment letter.

If they say they do not have a copy of the agreement then a Court cannot enforce the agreement - If you dont have a copy of the agreement I would also ask why you are paying anything.

How much do you need to pay to finish the agreement?

What is the interest rate you are paying?

What period is the payment over and on what terms?

Is the new agreement a HP agreement secured against the car or an unsecured personal loan agreement?

Untill you get a copy of the agreement you will not know for certain - and how much was actually owing on the old agreement?

In my opinion you should pay nothing until they can answer these questions - have you checked your credit file? They should have settled the old agreement and started the new one.

Finaly - don't let them get to you - you are in control here and the law is on your side, dont take any nonsense from them - any threats they make are just that - threats - but on the facts provided so far they don't have a leg to stand on.

Oh and almost forgot - keep the car.

to all of you guys thank you so much from my wife and myself you have all been a god send. am going to send a letter tomorrow requesting no phone calls and send sar but i think the address for welcome i have is not the head office i have an address in cambridge is this the head office?

Send all letters here.

Welcome Financial Services Ltd,

Ruddington Fields Business Park,

Mere Way,

Ruddington,

Nottingham,

NG11 6NZ

Don't forget to send the CCA request from post number 19 - a Court cannot enforce the debt until they comply - and i have a feeling they can't. And even if they did they would need a signed copy to enforce the debt - and we know they dont have one of those don't we. :-)

Ok - looks like the PPI may have been very expensive then - a good earner for the broker - but if you was able to claim for the full 12 months you may not be able to claim much, if anything back - but the SAR will give us more detail.

Did you have other insurances as well as PPI?

Get those letters sent off to Welcome as soon as possible.

just doing letters now other insurance includes £350 gap £500 breakdown which was a joke as about 8 mths after getting the car the fuel pump went and was told i couldn't claim so i had to loan the money from father in law to pay for diesel pump