Lying Broker? Advice please.

merlin100
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, looking for advice on best/worst case scenario here.

Last September, myself and my son entered his details on Compare.com looking for cheapest car insurance.

He has nine points on his license ( 6 speeding, 3 wrong insurance) and these were duely listed when we submitted his details.

We then sat back and waited for the plethora of annoying phone calls which duely came.

One of them was a broker that offered the cheapest quote of £800+ which we accepted. Quite a few of the online quotes were within £100 of that quote so we had no reason to think anything was suspicious.

Now move on to December and he gets a letter from his insurance company asking for copies of his driving license which we sent off to them.

Yesterday he got a call from the insurance company saying they have no record of the points and the first question they asked was "Why did you lie to us"?

I immediately went online and printed off copies of the form we submitted, complete with all his points listed, however, although all the details are correct, the date of submission of the form has changed from xx/9/2011 to xx/12/2011. Even the price is the same, just the date has changed(?)

Maybe this is just some type of "system update" but I dont trust anyone, so view it with some suspicion. And anyway, the policy was taken out in September, not December, so that should take some explaining.

Theyve now asked for copies of the submitted form which we are about to send, so Im now wondering what possible outcomes this farce may bring and what I can do about it?

He paid the cost upfront.

Im wondering if I have any redress to the broker if it turns out it was them that omitted the points? Because to be quite honest, if there had been any reason to claim within this period ( September to December), my son ran the great risk of having his insurance voided, even though we gave the broker all the correct details.

Can anyone offer any advice on this?

Thanks all.

Hi all.

Theres a little twist in the tale here. Apparently it was the broker that contacted my son after the insurance company recieved the copy of his licence and then contacted the broker. So the first question they asked "Why did you lie to us"? suggests that call may have been recorded in the hope that my son said something they could have latched onto and used against him.