Claiming during IVA

whiz_bit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After my success with HSBC I am helping someone on the road to claiming her bank charges back from Lloyds. She is presently paying off her debts through an IVA, including a loan from Lloyds and a credit card I think, I do not really know the details. She is about one year into the IVA.

Does anyone know if this will have any affect on her claiming her charges back and if that will affect the IVA?

Whiz_bit

You will need to read the IVA proposal that was approved by her creditors to see how it provides for any 'windfalls'. The IVA will not prevent her from claiming the charges back and as the money is technically hers Lloyds will not be entitled to set it off against her debt to them. However there will probably be a provision for handing it over to the Supervisor of the IVA for the benefit of all creditors.

The terms of an IVA are always individual and you have to check the terms she agreed to. I would guess it is unlikely she will get to keep the money unless it exceeds her debts and the Supervisor's costs.

• 2 weeks later...

Any claims won and paid into her IVA agreement will help her in the long run anyway and shorten her IVA agreement. I'm in debt management (similar to an IVA) and I just see it as getting out of debt sooner rather than later if and when I win my claims. I'm trying not to think about it in terms of "gaining" extra money in the short term (although it's tempting!). I'll just be out of debt earlier. Good luck!

Banofi :|

Lloyds *WON* £1469.82 :-D

NatWest *WON* £1177.00. :-D

Morgan Stanley *WON* £112 :)

Barclaycard *WON* £144 :)

Nationwide LBA 22nd Sept 2006. Court claim filed for £5792.29 31st July 2007.

Lloyds Credit Card flatly refused to pay me on 11/12/2006.

Egg Credit Card. Small offer made (£24.00). 17/2/2007, refusal letter sent 18/2/2007.

Useful links:

www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/23608