Arrest Warning and High Court Fine--HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Have been on phone with Marstons who want £840 from me for a fine from 2005...

Without giving a life story I was a silly sod back in teenage years. got into trouble and was fined for driving with no license, tax or insurance. Was on benefits back then and arranged payments straight from the JSA which went ahead, I then moved around a lot, got into a bad place and *ignored* my issues. :violin:

So now I have settled, got head screwed on and got into Uni the fines have returned with a BITE.:jaw: What I want to know is; can I set up a realistic payment structure with this as I a student on a low income? The enforcer was adamant that I can not do that, after saying I will go to CAB he said we can take two payments, first being over 14 days-- I cannot afford to pay £400 never mind £800.

Now even more worrying is a Arrest warning posted through door from kent and sussex Magistrates enforcement centre--I have no idea what for!:-x Phoned up was spoken to like a tool and told enforcemtn officer will be around in due course...what the hell can I do about this!!please help im wanting to sort it but cant afford to at moment..I am a student earning bout £40 weekly..

HELP.

Leo

I am a bit confused here.

When did you receive a letter/visit from Marston's?

Have you received a personal visit from a bailiff and if so, when?

If you have now received a letter from the Magistrates Court this would APPEAR to confirm that Marston Group have RETURNED the Distress Warrant back to the court.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please help he is now coming to my house tomorow morning with a locksmith,

I know he can fporce entry with a distress warrent I want to pay but can afford little. I asked the court for a hearing they refused said its in habds of bailiff and enforcement now!!

Will he arrest me? will he get in with a locksmith if i dont answer door? I

If he arrests you will then get to speak to the court to arrange a payment you can afford....bit rough when you have to go to these lengths to be heard but thats the way of the system. If the bailiff attends then it must be with a warrant...he can levy on your goods but if you own nothing of any value then there is a good chance a levy would not cover the requiste portion of the debt and the case will then be returned to the court and you will get the chance to speak up and explain you are willing to pay the debt but only at a rate that is affordable...or they can apply an attachment to your benefits/earnings..this is usually a lot less than the figure the bailiff will be asking on a payment plan.

You could move anything of any value to a friends or relatives house, until this is sorted out. Don't put items in any loft space or hide in the garage, as I remember seeing a bailiff programme on TV that people hide stuff in their properties.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread