Orange GOGW Removal of Late Payment Markers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I signed up for a contract mobile with Orange in Feb 2009. It was over 18 months.

I never used the phone to make a call or text over the whole contract. I just bought it for the phone. Stupid really, lots of wasted money, wont ever do it again.

Half way through the contract I called them and reduced the monthly payment knowing I didnt need to pay as much, I continued to pay the bills.

I ran into some financial difficulty and the payment history looks like this on my credit file with Equifax

S00000032211000000U

I have heard of people asking Orange (mine was with Everything Everywhere) to remove late payment markers as a gesture of goodwill.

Please tell me if you think there is any chance of this working for me, and what approach do you think I should use? Based on there been no calls on the contract it was a cheap deal for them.

Thanks

Ian

I am also in the same position.

I settled the full account balance before they issued a default notice, thankfully back in January 2011. The account was closed and settled.

I was advised this would not have any negative affect on my credit score, but, its still on credit file. As it is a settled account, the balance shows £0, though in the late payment/status history, it shows that the past 5 payments were late. I spoke to Orange CS and Experian, who both advised that I should have continued the account and let the late payments drop off - and it will remain on my credit file for six years!

I know there is much worse stuff on my credit file, which I am working on having removed, changed and/or updated, but this is just another bad mark on my credit file.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks