How often can council tax benefit award be revised ( and re revised)

Messydesk
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My local council has re-visted all the years from 1995 - today and revised my entitlement to benefit. In some of those years the benefit had laready been revised previously and I had made payments (or not if they revised and found okay). Can they revise entitlement more than once for the same period of time?

No - its a bit more complicated than that! They tried to reclaim CTB in a case that went on 5 years and had 12 tribunal hearings. Our appeal was eventually upheld because they failed to provide proper evidence (of the supposed changes - the reason being there is no evidence to be found!). Now they have reissued revision letters and fabricated evidence saying that the Hammersmith case allows them to do that. In fact in that case specific evidence was requested by the council and refused by the claimant. In our case there just is no evidence to be had. Its very difficult to prove an ything 16 years on. I just owrry about ho many times they can revisit this. I am already an OAP - will it be going on for the rest of my life?