Is this Bristish Gas bill correct?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live in a small studio flat, moved there in the summer.

A small kitchen gas boiler feeds 3 radiators and the stove/cooker.

We do not sleep with the heating on but have the heating for 1-3 hours a day in this current weather.

Do cook once/twice a day also. Does this bill covering 3 months look correct to you? :|

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v171/reaper7/?action=view&current=Untitled-6.jpg

live in the same type of flat, and my last bill (estimated) which i paid was for £51.00 odd..month before that was 45 quid. this month i got my bill for 61 quid and read my meters, phoned eon and my bill is now 28 quid. so id does seem high but not well over the top. have you read your meters?

Thanks for the response ^^

Yes, I read the meters and this bill was the result. Seemed high to me for such a small studio, I mean, if this is my studio, £200 a quarter, what is a house? £600??

I was outraged at that bill. Is your consumption about the same as mine? I used 129 metric units in 90 days.

over the last 90 days i have used about 900 units BUT my heating has not been going on that much, only in the last couple of weeks and only this week for a few hours a night. and averaged out it works out for me as 25 quid a month or so for gas used over 3 months so it does seem to be high if you go off my readings vs cost to me.. it may be worht getting in touch with them however if those are your readings you gave them then that is what they have calculated as your bill, sorry..

Edited by devil501

Might be worth getting them to check that your meter isn't faulty.

Have you shopped around to check you've got the best tariff? In my experience British Gas are expensive.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 11 months later...

I pay £45 a fortnight in a 3 bedroomed house. I have an electric cooker and heating is only used as when needed, not on constantly. I think this amount is excessive.......especially as my neighbour pays around half of that amount!!!!!! I tried to query it British Gas would not help. May be worth comparing energy prices online, I intend to!!!