Data Protection Act 1998 Non Compliance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've asked my bank Santander for all data they hold about my account under the Data Protection Act 1998. I wanted all of the transaction data since I opened the account in 1998. They sent me a letter saying "We assume this is about bank charges" and sent me only 3 years of transactions when the letter asked for at least 6 years of data. This has nothing to do with bank charges! It's about a third party I am taking to court. I don't have to give them a reason do I? How can I get the rest of my data? Anyone have any ideas?

Just advise them their assumptions are incorrect and would they please provide ALL the information they hold on you in connection with your Financial dealings with them. TBH, I wouldnt mention a 3rd party..just in case any information gets lost or mis placed.

How near are they to the original deadline of 40 days. Do please remind them that they are obliged to comply with your request and the original timeline still applies :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I wrote Santander a letter two weeks ago telling them that I would write a letter of complaint to each of their Executive Directors as well as my Member of Parliament and all UK Data Regulatory bodies and they responded today, telling me that they are still processing my request. It's been 36 days since I sent them my Data Request. So I await with eager anticipation...

Edited by pentiumofborg
information missing

So they have a whole 4 days in which to comply.. dont they :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

They refunded my payment of £10 today "As a gesture of goodwill", though I'm not sure if this is a bad thing as far as getting my data is concerned. They also said they tried to ring me 3 times but I wasn't going to talk off the record. They have 3 days to repond in full to my Data Request...

Edited by pentiumofborg
missing info

They refunded my payment of £10 today "As a gesture of goodwill", though I'm not sure if this is a bad thing as far as getting my data is concerned. They also said they tried to ring me 3 times but I wasn't going to talk off the record. They have 3 days to repond in full to my Data Request...

Hmm, keep an eye on this.. I am surprised they have refunded the £10.00 . It doesnt matter though, you sent it and made the request. They are obliged to comply.. They might just try using the returned fee to mitigate a delay!!

BCOBS

They just refunded me the £10 directly to my account, listed as ACCOUNT ADJUSTMENT. I think this is because I made such a fuss in my letter: "This matter has nothing to do with Bank Charges from your bank. My letter didn’t mention bank charges, why have you sent me a letter about bank charges? My letter made no mention of Bank Charges whatsoever. It was a Data Request under the Data Protection Act 1998. The letter I sent you was not lacking in clarity in the request being made. You have not the provided the information I requested and paid £10 for in my letter dated 24/10/11 under the Data Protection Act 1998. You have a legal obligation to provide all of the information that I have specifically requested and paid £10 for. So again, I request all of the information I’ve asked and paid £10 for under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you don’t provide this information to me within the original timeframe, I will make an official complaint to the Ombudsman, your Executive Directors Ms Ana Botín, Mr Jose María, Mr Steve Pateman, my Member of Parliament and all relevant UK Legal and Data Regulatory Bodies." It's been over 40 days and they haven't supplied me with the information I have asked for, so they will get a Data Protection Act Non-Compliance letter on Monday morning by First Class Recorded Post.