Firstplus PPI claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Ok - I've had an initial response from FirstPlus.

They've written regarding loans 1 & 2 saying that they'll investigate the complaint & respond no later than March 14th.....which is exactly 8 weeks from the day they'd have received the complaint.

Regarding the 3rd loan, they've said that they've investigated & as no PPI was sold with the loan my complaint hasn't been upheld. They also said that this decision was final, and if I didn't accept it I'd have to complain to the FOS.

I'm inclined to wait & see what happens with the first two loans & take it from there.

What do you think?

• 4 weeks later...

Good morning.!

Well, I've had a response from FirstPlus........nearly 4 weeks before the 8 weeks is up, which is a little surprising. What's even more surprising is the amount that they appear to be offering me?

Any chance you could have a quick look at the paperwork to make sure that I'm not misinterpreting anything?

It all sounds a little too good to be true.......

Ok, here you go.

I've attached the following:-

Covering letter

Details of how they calculated the refund

Tax information

Acceptance forms for loans 1 & 2

I'll have to send the acceptance form for loan 3 in a separate post, 'cause I can only attach 5 items at a time. I've blanked out the loan account numbers & substituted 'loan1',' loan2', & 'loan3' - hope that's clear?

Also, I haven't bothered to send the second page of each acceptance form, 'cause all that's on them is a space for a signature & date.

Many thanks for taking the time to look at them for me..:)

Tax0001.pdf

Acceptance Loan 30001.pdf

Refund calculations0001.pdf

Covering letter0001.pdf

Acceptance Loan 20001.pdf

• 1 month later...

Hi, I took out a similar first FirstPlus loan as yours in 2003 , but have had no joy in getting the PPi payments refunded. I wrote to FirstPlus and they said the PPI was with Central Capital as they are the selling agents. I wrote to Central Capital and they said that they were not a member of the GISC or ABI, and as it was longer than six years ago it is in fact time barred from the courts and FOS. I wrote to the FOS and they agreeded it was not much they could do as it was before 2005.As your loan was more than Six years ago any ideas why your case if different to mine ?Many ThanksSteve