CapQuest/T-Mobile

Ridgeroo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4463 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I've received a letter from both companies mentioned in the title,

it's relating to a contract that ended about 2 1/2 years ago.

I'm certain I paid the final bill via card over the phone and confirmed it was all finished and closed.

I was at the address for a further 6 months and received no further communications from that phone call until this letter.

The amount is only £33 and the letter states that a default has been applied to my credit file.

I immediately phoned CapQuest to find details, who were unable to help and I then phoned T-Mobile who said they are no longer dealing with it.

Having read through some similar situations, I've realise I should now only contact CapQuest via letter if at all.

I'm reluctant to spend time getting old bank statements and demonstrating payment, but I want the default removed.

Am I able to charge for my time and/or compensation for a default incorrectly applied in resolving this situation?

Also I'm about to send a letter to request evidence of money owed,

is this advisable?

Many Thanks if you can help.

Hi,

A few points.

1.to attempt to remove a default you must contact the company that placed it.

2. Get a copy of your credit files.

3.Did you receive a notice of assignment regarding the debt

being passed to capquest.

3. Were you sent a default noitce by the phone company.

4. You will need to be able to show proof of the payment

otherwise this will drag on for ever.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi,

A few points.

1.to attempt to remove a default you must contact the company that placed it.

2. Get a copy of your credit files.

3.Did you receive a notice of assignment regarding the debt

being passed to capquest.

3. Were you sent a default noitce by the phone company.

4. You will need to be able to show proof of the payment

otherwise this will drag on for ever.

Brig.

Hi Brig, thanks for the quick response. 1. Should I try contacting another T-Mobile department, as they or is it just for reference that they will be the only ones who can remove it. 2.Will do, I've used the Experian Credit check month trial many moons ago, is there another one with a free trial you could recommend? 3. No, the letter from T-Mobile just states that I supposedly owe CapQuest instead of T-Mobile, no mention of defaults. That information was included in the letter from CapQuest. Other than that, zero dealings since the phone call over 2 years ago. 4. Yeah, I figured that would probably be neccessary. Much appreciated.

Try Equifax free trial but register cancellation at least a week prior to

the end of 30 days.

The letter from T M is the assignment.

I guess TM will not respond now they have passed it on.

And yes get that proof.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Try Equifax free trial but register cancellation at least a week prior to

the end of 30 days.

The letter from T M is the assignment.

I guess TM will not respond now they have passed it on.

And yes get that proof.

Brig.

Thanks again Brig.

I just got through to T Mobile Customer Service, they gave me the date of bill, details of phone calls recorded and was surprisingly helpful. :!:

After the initial annoyance, I might as well just get proof and solve it. I originally suspected it might have had something to do with the merger that happened in between, but maybe it was a genuine error.

Hi

I received a letter from from t-mobile regarding an old debt i had with them telling me that capquest investments ltd has been assigned the ballance

and that capquest debt recovery ltd will be acting as there agent.

I do owe the outstanding ballance but i wanted a payment arrangement with t-mobile at the time but they said i would have to let it go to a debt

collection agency first and then make arrangements with them and t-mobile already had defaulted the account with the credit reference agencies.

2 years when by no contact about the outstanding ballance then i got the letter from t-mobile (trading as everything everywhere) saying the above.

about 2 days later i get a letter from advantis credit debt collections centre saying they are collection for capquest debt recovery ltd saying they will

now be collecting the debt lol i will make an arragement with them to pay the debt which is what i wanted originally with t-mobile.

I dont understand though why it took so long in the first place and its weird how the debt just passes from company to company like that.

and the default that t-mobile has put on my credit report has strangely been removed is that normal ? it must be a good thing?

G.

You mau find that the default will reappear under the

name of Capquest ina few days.

Hi no the default date MUST remain the same it cannot be changed.

Fine, watch your credit file for the default the date must be the same

as the original.

brig.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I've got a bit of an update.

To cut a long story short, it turns out the payment was rejected. It was approved on the phone, but there was a DD payment I'd obviously not accounted for, which I'd assume took precedence. After which, I had a new phone deal with a different number, the following month was when I moved house. While I left forwarding details with the landlord, I didn't receive any mail.

So I'm rather frustrated that I've got my first default, especially for a debt I didn't know about. But the money was owed, so it's been paid.