pdl help urgently needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4429 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

thanks guys,hi silly girl ive got anew account with one of the above,was a silly question i realise now but im just bit paranoid,i dont earn a lot of money,after reading lots of posts on here i see that you can put up copies of e-mails and letters etc,i dont know how to do this,took me a while to work out how to post on here i just know very basic internet stuff like e-mail,thanks again this site has been a godsend to me.

stephen

Either cut, copy and paste direct into threads - seem to be the simpliest way if you don't have scannerBe sure to remove your details (ie. full name, email address, tel number, account number this sort of thing)

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

thank you,il figure it out,wage day advance have e-mailed saying they couldnt take repayment,i replied saying what i said to qq,they asked when income dropped how much and when and can i prove it,i replied i had part tme job in a pub that closed down last month but cant prove it,it was a case of stephen we are sorry but we simply cant afford to stay open,a familier story up and down the country i would imagine,they wanted to know what i earn now so i replied 6.27 per hour for a 38 hour week,im sure they will be able to work out what that equates to monthly,thanks again all who help and advise me.

stephen

Hi Stephen,

Further up the post you asked if these companies were regulated. Well the OFT have a series of guidleines, I have the set for debt collection. Which I am happy to send you. I have posted them on other posts (only got them because some wonderful person on here posted them for me). Also some on here are members of associations e.g Carter Forbes (part of Cash Genie) are members of the CSA . CSA also have a code of conduct.

"nd point, you said you were off to CAB, have they been able to help?

Chin up

Jon

hi john the CAB were sympathetic but the advice was pretty much the same as here except on here people seem to know so much more,they did suggest a debt management plan but im going to try and negotiate with the pdls first before i consider that,going to keep it all nice and polite and see how it goes,get paid on the 30th ,so for the first time since may my wages will be mine well apart from rent etc,whats your opinion on income/expenditure forms some say fill it in some say dont,i dont mind filling one in as ive nothing to hide but feel that my income/expenditure didnt seem that important when i took the loans.

Bit early for a sunday morning but working early,hope all is well with you

stephen

In my opinion sending an income/expenditure along with a list of your debts and proposed payments to each does several things. It shows that you are trying to cooperate, it shows that you have nothing to hide and in any event, if the company plays hardball and takes you to a county court you would need to fill one in anyway and part of your defence could be that they acted unreasonably in refusing your offer. In addition if you read the OFT guidlines on debt collection, it says that a company mustn't unreasonably decline a repayment plan, so if they refuse you have something else to lodge a complaint about.

Having said all that, when you do your I&E make sure you miss no expenditure out Somewhere on the internet is a list of what courts etc take as reasonable expenditure for living etc etc.

If when you have done it and you find you have more income left than you anticipated I am sure it would mean you have missed something out so alter your form accordingly.

Oh and I am not surprised about CAB. I have no idea where you live but with CAB their resources and expertise do vary. In Birmingham they seem very good.

You can of course manage your own DMP , again the OFT guidlines expressly state that a company should deal with individulas in the same way as paid for or fre DMC's.

I guess the only thing about sending an I&E is that if you have other non secured non priority debts the PDLs might want you to default on these payments as well and treat them the same way.

Sorry about the long post, I am just rambling and repeating myself as things pop into my head

Edited by Jon1965

read with interest your advice john,the pdls are my only debts plus one credit card with a low balance once thats paid off itl be cut up into tiny pieces and binned,going to fill in the income/expenditure form,im hopeful i can resolve this without being dragged into court,oh and i stay in Bathgate a wee town between Edinburgh And Glasgow.

hi again people,well today is payday,ive e-mailed all pdl companies and advised them of my change in circumstances(cut in income)have offered what i can afford to pay 5 per month and asked if they can freeze interest and charges,have also said as soon as my situation improves i will increase my payments,going to keep it polite and calm,il keep you all posted as to my progress or lack of it.

stephen

good goos stephen, hopefully you will engoy having your wages back again, I certainly did. keep at it mate, you will get there. I am still not getting any joy with swift sterling. They have my numerous emails, so, as far as i am concerned, its up to them to get back to me. Made my efforts to repay but they wont respond. Guessing its going to go to their DCA but im cool with that. At least they will communicate.

thanks mate,going to be a long difficult process me thinks,got a few applications for jobs so im hoping il get at offered at least one of them,capital finance are being a bit funny,constant texts and phone calls,i dont speak to them over the phone keeping everything in writing and keep copies of every and e=mail.

stephen

a wee update,wonga have been great they froze interest and charges for 31 days to see if i can get back on track then they will discuss my proposals,e-mail ping pong with quik quid i ask fr there bank details to set up standing order they ask for mine to set up direct debit,i wont budge on this so dont know whats going to happen,keep getting calls at work bit thankfully my work have been ok,even threatning to report whoever is calling to the proper authoroties if they dont stop calling.

not been to bad so far,but i havent heard a peep from txt loan or lending stream yet,i suspect its capitol finance phoning work even tho they dont say who they are,swift sterling have been rather quiet to

enjoy advent everyone

stephen

a wee update,wonga have been great they froze interest and charges for 31 days to see if i can get back on track then they will discuss my proposals,e-mail ping pong with quik quid i ask fr there bank details to set up standing order they ask for mine to set up direct debit,i wont budge on this so dont know whats going to happen,Good luck, QQ bank details don't exist to the public and wil prob never be made freely available I've not paid 4 months of direct debit for the fun of it - although there is the option of paying these to through paypal.After 3 months of not being sorted I imagine you'll get to play email ping pong with their choosen debt collector that will probably be the same with all lenders where you do not come to an agreement/arrangementSorry to be blunt but DO help yourself and read all threads on here not just your own, well done with Wonga

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

hi and thanks,ive been reading lots of threads on here and my eyes have been opened to the nasty tactics these people use,im trying to be positive about the whole sorry mess im in,i can only afford to pay what ive offered them.so if it means debt collectors become involved then so be it,but some of the threads on here say that they can be easier to deal with,i guess il find out soon enough

stephen

• 2 months later...

hi everyone,time for an update,so far all has been quiet although i am being hounded by a company called credit resource solutions,they wont say who there client is despite me asking by e-mail several times,in the end i admit i used foul language on last e-mail to them,im waiting on things to escalate but stiil keeping to my offers of a fiver a month to each pdl company,apologies to all who have replied before the reason i havent been on is due to family stuff which had to take priority.

take care all

stephen w

hi stephen

Unfortunately these bottom feeding DCA`s can push the most reasonable person to the end of their tether!

I wouldn`t worry too much about them escalating things due to your foul language.

Who is going to have sympathy towards these types? they drive people to despair with their own tactics.

I did the same with Mucky Hall a while back when they were being personal and goading me in their e-mails.

Told them to crawl back under their rock [edit] ..

I got an e-mail back from another of their fools saying the person was only doing there job and they would pass it on to the police.

I replied that they would be welcome to try but I doubt the Police would have much sympathy for them (being bottom feeders an all) and I`d have them for harassment.

Their parting shot was on par with a dying whimper really and they did indeed crawl back under their rock.

At the end of the day, these DCA`s are leeching parasites who are really quite powerless but are hoping on you thinking otherwise.

Bark bark little doggies..

hello ieatdcas,thanks for your reply,i am encouraged by your words,funny thing is ive made umpteen offers of payment to my pdls each one declined,so what is a man to do,thats from dances with wolves i think,ne way im rambling now,wish you well my friend.

stephen w

• 1 month later...

update time,just got letters from mackenzie hall threatening door step collector,been playing e-mail ping pong with them,they ask me to confirm my address etc i reply you wrote to me so you know my address and details,so they say they cant proceed until i confirm my details so bit of a stalemate

• 2 weeks later...

hey sillygirl,i done as you suggested and not a peep from m.hall but its early days yet,in fact they have all been rather quiet,ive got e wee savings account and i put in 5 pm that i would pay each pdl had they accepted my proposals,hope all is well with you

stephen