Invalid Levy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4543 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

happened last may i have had nto and now bailiffs attended with removal notice but no warant clamped my car but i cut it off and arrested for theft and criminal damage

STOP PAYING YOUR LOANS THERE IS NO CONTRACT FOR YOU TO DO SO

i still have the clamp and cut the chain, court december 8th i accepted what i did in interview and told the police i was not intending to steal the clamp but needed to take my mother shoping as she had heart attack few weeks back....would my mams disabled badge be of any use???

If that was her only means of transport and was on view in the car.

Theft is where you intend to permanently deprive someone of something that is theirs, so hand the clamp into a police station as found and that is the end of the theft charge. Get a receipt.

If you could replace the chain then even better.

the chain is still with the clamp i just cut where the chain close to the clamp hole and unwrapped it from the wheel, about 7 chain links missing. Receipt off the police for the clamp ? yes the badge was on view but they still clamped it.

its not theft if i take the clamp to police station, i would like to know what an invalid levy is, and i would love to know if it can be revoked now that i will hand the clamp in yes.

yes the bailiff is certified as i checked it on the site but he did not give me a list which included the car only a sign on the window of the car

You can try to get the bailiff charges revoked if you were not in a position to receive post they would have sent to the name and address of the registered keeper - for instance if you moved house after the PCN was issued. If that's the case, let us know because you will be able to challenge the warrant - which may or may not work.

Invalid charges - you are entitled to a statement of charges in writing from the bailiff. If you obtain one, post it here and someone will advise.

i am the registred keeper, i have telephoned the bailiff company and asked for a breakdown of there charges, the disabled badge i had on the window was ignored as the bailiff still clamped so can i chalenge for that ?

The issue is not whether you are the registered keeper - it is whether the name and address which correspondence has gone to is correct.

If the council have been writing to your correct name and address, then there is not much you can do - you can try and challenge it but they will almost certainly reject your case and it will cost you around £80 to try and take it further. But if the address is wrong, you have a much stronger case - so this is the important question.

Post up the breakdown of charges when you get it, so we can see what they are levying for.

ok soon as i get the breakdown i will post it up :) the only other thing that i want to clarify is the disabled badge of my mothers, will this stop them clamping etc and if i take the clamp to police station will this also get rid of the theft charge?

Just a quick update....took coniffs advice and took the clamp to the police station and asked for reciet, the police woman support officer wrote it out and i told the wpc to put "no intent of theft" and she did, also signed the police headed paper hahaha would this be a good thing for court.

An invalid levy can be a couple of things but is usually associated with the levy of goods protected from seizure ie, equipment attached to employment like a works van or the spanners of a motor mechanic. The computer if it is used for work, the cooker the kids clothes and toys and things that clearly do not belong to the person with the debt.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=24

Edited by Conniff

Just a quick update....took coniffs advice and took the clamp to the police station and asked for reciet, the police woman support officer wrote it out and i told the wpc to put "no intent of theft" and she did, also signed the police headed paper hahaha would this be a good thing for court.

Not really since you had already been arrested for it! Its like me robbing a bank getting arrested then expecting to get let off by handing the money back in to the local nick.

when i was arrested and interviewd i told them the clamp was in the car and that i was giving the clamp back i only removed the clamp and didnt steal it.

i told the bailiff and the police at the scene like this....."i have not stolen the clamp what do i need a clamp for" and "what good is a clamp to me" the police was asking with the bailiff wheres the car even telling me that the bailiff is in his right cos he got a warrant from the courts