• Tweets

• Even if that was not a PCN on your car, can you still swear that a PCN was not placed on your car ? NO Even if they showed you a copy of the PCN they sent, can you still wear that they actually sent the first PCN to you? NO Why are still quibbling  when the real argument is why they have broken the Act by telling you that you hadn't paid when in reality they shouldn't have sent that letter out probably until Monday which  would have been deemed received  on Wednesday? If you are that bothered about it, just leave out the start about the windscreen ticket since it isn't why you are complaining.
    • I am sorry that you have come across excel -possibly the most inhumane of all the rogues that ruin parking in private car parks. i am more sorry that I have missed your thread until now. As I understand it, their artic. was parked in front of their parking sign and the Blue badge places forcing you to stop somewhere else in the car park to observe the rules. On realising that even the Blue badge places were paid places and that you did not have the correct coinage you quite rightly decided to leave. Thus you had read their terms and until you have read them and signified your acceptance by either paying or staying, you are not classed as being parked.  You have a MINiMUM of five minutes  leave. Sadly Excel do not understand any words greater than two syllables which is where their problems start. Their greed, ignorance, inhumanity, etc etc all carry on from there. However they do know that Judges do understand what minimum means and are well aware of the Equality Act  so I wouldn't be too worried about what excel  will do. Plus we still have to see their PCN and when it comes to producing a Notice that complies with the Act relating to private car parks they do not excel at that. I hope that the Iceland MD will cancel the ticket. You still have a couple of other routes you could try. The first one is your Member of Parliament will probably be happy to help as they will need all the votes they can get with an election looming. Plus your local newspaper may also pitch in after hearing your story to go after Iceland and excel. [You may notice I have not merite them with a capital E as it is definitely undeserved.]
    • i would focus on a stupid youthful act. ...a waste of time... so what.. it's worked before. when is your hearing? dx    
    • I heard from another forum that I should send any further begging letter is wasting time, but I decide to try.    can you give any suggestion about the further begging letter? Should I just explain a criminal record would be harmful to my future career as a university lecturer? Or anything else?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Boob job gone wrong. Where do I stand?

Angelpie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5052 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, can anyone give me any advice please. this is so embarrassing but I have to deal with it now before I go insane.

I had a breast augmentation two years ago (2 yrs and 2 months to be exact) and at first they were great and my confidence soared. I had lost my 34c after breastfeeding three kids and went to a saggy 32A and my confidence was so low my husband reluctantly agreed that surgery was the right thing for me. I had nagged for ages but he isn't really a "boob" man, and really didn't want me to have it done. Anyway, I took out a loan and booked myself in with a very highly recommended clinic in London. I thoroughly researched my chosen surgeon, he was a well respected surgeon, he had appeared on television many times and is the surgeon of some celebrities too. I thought everything would be fine but I was wrong!

I had my op, coped very well with the operation and they were fantastic. I loved them but when the swelling started to settle I thought that one looked bigger than the other. I called the company that did them and they asked me to go in for a check up. The nurse said it was just because the swelling had settled more on one breast than the other and it will soon settle completely so they would be the same. I wasn't so sure as 4 months seemed adequate time for the swelling to settle. She then commented that my boobs looked slightly different in size before the operation judging by my photographs. I was so embarrassed I jumped up, got dressed and went home. I was devastated. I had just paid them over £4000 but I felt like an idiot for complaining, I felt humiliated. They never did even out and now one is a full cup size bigger than the other, this has made me even more self consious than before the op. I won't undress infront of my husband, i won' go on holiday - I cannot wear a bikini because the sizes are too drastic, I don't wear tops that cling and everytime I lean over the bathroom sink to clean my teeth i cry because all i can see is two odd sized boobs. I would do anything to have my 32A boobs back, at least I wouldn't look like a freak.

For months after I clung to the hop it was down to swelling and the more time has passed the harder it is for me to complain again. I have just "put up" with the fact that my surgery was a disaster and allowed myself to sink into a depression over it. My husband is so fed up he is insisting I call them and go back and demand they rectify it but I don't know where I stand. I cannot afford to pay again, I am still struggling to pay for the op in the first place. My husband thinks they should rectify it free of charge but I am too scared to contact them incase they tell me to bugger off. I wouldn't be able to cope if they said no. As it has been two years and two months I am not sure about the "warranty" of them. I know they would only re-operate free of charge if I developed capsular contracture within the first year (that's where your body rejects the implant) and after a year I would have to pay. I can't find the paperwork as a lot of our private papers were destroyed in a fire.

I am so upset and angry becasue if they though I had one bigger than the other to start with, why did they not measure me preoperly and use different sized implants?

I feel like such a freak and it's made me 10 times more self consious.

Does anyone know if i could force them to fix the problem. is there anyone i can contact should they refuse and has anyone had any problems before and then had it rectified? My surgeon has now retired and this has made me think that I definatlely have no chance now. This is so embarrassing but I really need help.

Thank you.

Chlo

I'm new, what the hell do I know? My comments and opinions are my own. Please seek advice of a qualified professional if in doubt.

Halifax

SAR sent 12/08/06

i think you should go and get a second proffessional opinion from another company - then strat legal procedures against them - if they loose they have to re-do the op or refund you and you get them 'fixed' else where, obviously a second opinion etc would help decide if they are likely to loose such a case.

People who haven't made mistakes, haven't made anything!

So sorry Angelpie to hear of your distress! I would agree with jo5ephedward5 that needs to be your first move - seek a second opinion. Then if they are saying that it is indeed a problem I would firstly revisit the clinic with a friend or advisor (not your husband as he is likely to be a little to close to the problem shall we say!). Then obviously that visit will dictate what move you make next. I would have said that you definately had a case and should perhaps take advice from CAB and also trading standards. The fact that you visited four months after the initial operation will be in your favour. In the mean time see if you can get hold of their terms and condition on follow ups etc.. being as you said most of the stuff was lost in a fire, there may be something in there that will help.

;) Boobaby

Please hit the scales if you think I've helped!

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

HSBC Claim - August 2006 £2,700 paid November 2006

Halifax Claim - August 2006 £4,100 paid December 2006

GE Capital - August 2006 - settled

Log Book Loans - August 2007 - sorted

Angelpie as Boobaby quite rightly said you had visited them 4 months after the op regarding the prob so they will have that on record, ask them if they are prepared to rectify this first, you never know they may be willing to do this, if they refuse advise them you are going for a second opinion as to the success of the original operation, then take legal advise if they dont accept the 2nd opinion.GOOD LUCK.

Thank you all very much for your replies. I hadn't even thought of a second opinion. I will contact another cosmetic surgery clinic tomorrow and make an appointment.

Thank you all so much, I am too embarrassed to talk to friends or family about it and telling people anonomously is a great relief.

Thank you all x

I'm new, what the hell do I know? My comments and opinions are my own. Please seek advice of a qualified professional if in doubt.

Halifax

SAR sent 12/08/06

Be clear about why you are seeking a second opinion. The purpose is usually to determine whether there has been fault/ negligence, which would be the foundation of any legal action....

Thanks, I have written to them today and have asked them to arrange an appointment for an examination. I didn't phone because I would get too upset so I thought if I wrote to them they will get the full details of my complaint without having to listen to me sob.

Cheers everyone

Halifax

SAR sent 12/08/06

It may be wise for you to have taken some pictures to keep as evidence of the condition and ask a independent surgeon to give you an opinion if possible...

They took before and after photo's (instant poloroid photo) which they have in my file. Is there anyway i can get a copy of them as evidence (like under the SAR with a £10 payment). I'm just thinking that because the nurse said they looked a different size in my pre-op photo's then surely if she is right, i have a case.

Halifax

SAR sent 12/08/06

Thanks, I have written to them today and have asked them to arrange an appointment for an examination. I didn't phone because I would get too upset so I thought if I wrote to them they will get the full details of my complaint without having to listen to me sob.

Cheers everyone

Good on you Angel, that's the first most important move out of the way!! You will now find that the more you deal with them and the situation the stronger you will get - and hey you can always come on here and have a moan, there's always someone to help!

Take care

Boo

;) Boobaby

Please note that advice given is purely my opinion and should be treated as such.

FAQ’s

Wasn't a small asian gentleman was it, who uses an office in Harley St and the facilities at Highgate?

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

:D

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

:rolleyes:

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

It's not that surgeon, I would tell you who and where but I want to be careful what I say until they have had a chance to discuss it wth me. If they don't help then I will name them but I need to give them a chance to resolve it first.

Halifax

SAR sent 12/08/06

A bit of good news, I have had an appointment made for me to see another surgeon in a few weeks time, I have just checked him out on the GMC register and am happy to go along to see him. I just hope they sort it out without expecting me to pay again.

Halifax

SAR sent 12/08/06

Well done you I bet you feel much better at this point?

Fab news keep us in touch.

Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Well done you I bet you feel much better at this point?

Fab news keep us in touch.

Boo

I do feel much better now that I have talked about it. It was much easier telling "strangers" than telling my own friends. Thank you all so much for your support, I will let you know whether they are going to fix them or not.

Thanks again

Chlo x

Halifax

SAR sent 12/08/06

I do feel much better now that I have talked about it. It was much easier telling "strangers" than telling my own friends. Thank you all so much for your support, I will let you know whether they are going to fix them or not.

Thanks again

Chlo x

You're very welcome and I agree with you 100% about the talking with strangers bit.

Good luck

Boo

;) Boobaby

FAQ’s

Yep thats him,

If I've helped tip my scales

Blair Oliver & Scott, £2500 written off December 2006 Default removed January 2007:D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/56001-mike220359-blair-oliver-scott.html

Monument, didn't sign the agreement

Lloyds TSB didn't sign the agreement!

Citicards, didn't sign the agreement

RBS tut, tut!

Morgan Stanley, oh dear

Mr Singh! no it wasn't him, I would love to get them re-done by him though as he is one of the best apparently.

Halifax

SAR sent 12/08/06

Just a quick thought...

You say you took out a loan to pay for the surgery. If the loan agreement says this, then you might also be able to chase the loan provider based on their joint and several liability under the consumer credit act.

If you took out a "cash" loan which doesn't state the purpose of the loan, however, this does not apply.

edinburghbeerbucket :D

It was a cash loan, I didn't want my bank manager knowing what I wanted the money for. I have my appointment in a few days and I am really nervous. I will post their response when I have had my appointment and let you all know if they are willing to rectify it without the need for legal action. (if I can take legal action that is).

Halifax

SAR sent 12/08/06