gargoil v Halifax Cetelem (Dixon's Aura Card)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6246 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this should be in the Halifax section or the Other Institutes section but I suppose since it is run by Halifax then I can stick it here. Printed out Data Protection Act S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) and will post tomorrow morning. There are very few threads on people claiming against Halifax Cetelem so hopefully I should get the info I require quickly but its never that easy is it? From the few threads around they seem to charge quite heavily (don't they all!) so should have a fair few ££ owed from this.

For others reference I am sending the SAR here:-

Halifax Cetelem

PO Box 999

Wallington

Surrey

SM6 OYH

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

Received the following email today so hopefully this one will move fast!!!!

"Have just opened the post and your payment of £10.00 is now with our finance department and the statement has been requested and all being well should be with you in the next 5 working days.

Katie Parker"

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Ok got the statements in, what a farce, they are so badly layed out, I'm struggling to understand it. There are 3 columns in the statement, Money In and Money Out which are fair enough. Theres also a position column which shows the arrears but no mention of account balance!!) There are £250 in "collection fees" in the money out column. At the very end of the statement (July 2006 when it was passed to Lowell whose 42 days for CCA request are about to expire on the 5/10.) there is £100 of "litigation" fees which I assume is the "fee" to transfer the account to Lowell? Can anyone confirm if I can claim this back as well?

Also if Lowell don't comply with the cca request and the account becomes unenforceable from there end can I still continue to claim back these charges?

Cheers!

BOS

OK prelim letter sent by email today for £350. Included their "litigation" fee and asked them for an explanation of what that fee pays for!

BOS

• 2 weeks later...

Received a really cheeky reply from them as a fob off so am going to LBA them straight away!!

Thank you for your recent letter regarding the above account, which I notice has been copied in full transcript from an internet site, despite your request for a personalised letter as response."

The fees have charged are due to the fact that you did not run the account as per th eT&Cs of your agreement.

We have acte din good faith in all dealings with you

BOS

Still... you've got to admire their personalised response! And so what if you copied it from 'an internet site'...?

Shows they look at this place though. Perhaps they're even claiming themselves.

Cetelem are a vile bunch...! I'm currently paying thousands to Lowell, which I originally owed Cetelem! They're not just rude on email, they were always rude on the phone to me too! In a way I was glad when Lowell took my account... but then discovered they were a nasty lot too! Ah well, such is life...

Who gives you Xtra? :confused:

=========================================

HALIFAX PLC

PAID IN FULL - £1799.20 31/10/06

Round 2 - Prelim sent 29/06/07

Emailed my LBA to them and got a fob off again so sent this email, this is one company I really hope turn up at court. If they do I will eat them alive!

As you have now provided me with a reply to my letter before action I will now prepare court papers over the weekend and submit them on monday morning at my local sheriff court. I am disapointe dwe have not been able to enter into a more sincere dialogue but you have now left me no choice. I invite you to submit a defence and provide a break down of each charge. I would be very interested to see how this amount is liquidate dinto your company.

gargoil

BOS

Had this email reply on Friday....

Dear Sir,

Please can I request that any further contact by email be sent to

[email protected] as that address is a shared access.

We await to hear from your solicitors.

However, please be advised that due to the data protection act, they must

enclose a signed letter of authority from you which shows we have permission

to discuss matters with them and to also enable us to reply to any

correspondence.

Nieve. Wonder if they'll insist on a signed letter to allow the court to deal with them! ;)

BOS

• 1 month later...

Court papers getting sent off tomorrow for £350.00 + £25.65 + £39 court fee! Total £414.65.

BOS

• 4 weeks later...

Court details sent through now, they are...

Return date 02.02.2007

Hearing date 09.02.2007

Case no. SA1440/06

In your face cetelem!! :p

BOS

• 1 month later...

No money!

No acknowledgement!

No defence!

Goin to phone them and see what there doing and then send out sheriff's officers once I get my decree from the court!!! ;)

BOS

• 3 weeks later...

Got decree, sent it to cetelem, they sent me a cheque which is £30ish short so sent them another letter. If they haven't made up the balance is Sheriffs officers time on Monday!!!

BOS

This has been a lonely thread......:rolleyes:

Cant believe it is still ongoing.

Why on earth would they try and get away with £30. Bizzare..!!

Hope they just pay up for you.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Cheque for £30 turned up thi smorning in an envelope! I'm assuming it's from them! Wonder if they're bitter!!!!!!!!! muwhaaaaa

Another one to gargoil!!! Loosing count now!!!!!!!!!! :D

BOS

Gargoil mate, help! I'm right at the beginning of mine against Cetelem! I won against Halifax last week, which was sweet, but I'm suddenly being chased by Lowells for money "owed" on a laptop. As far as I was concerned I was straight with Cetelem and they've taken this long to raise it (since October!!). About 4 weeks ago I had some advice off people on here and sent off my SAR (to which I've had no acknowledgement). Now Lowells are still chasing, despite me telling the jumped up little Piers Morgan on the phone that the amount is in dispute. He said:

"We're not disputing the amount, sir".

Derrrrr....someone give this prat a promotion. Anyway, I asked them over the phone 4 weeks ago for the CCA etc which they said they'd send. I know it should be in writing and, trust me, it will be first thing.

Your success story gladdens me as they seem quite nasty and sarcastic in their defence emails.

Hi mate, Only communication I had from Cetelem was the DPA SAR info, a cheeky feck off letter and 2 cheques once I served a decree on them. Mine too was passed on to Lowell who I managed to totally drop there annoying habit of chasing me for money. I had a very long thread of my battl ewith Cetelem and lowell but had to remove most of it as cetelem indicated to me they had been reading it. Heres whats left of my thread against Lowell...

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legalities/42022-cca-non-comp-gargoil.html

Best idea for dealing with people like Lowell is read as much as you can on this forum so that you can role a lot of th elegislation/rules/laws off th etip of your tongue. I unofficially declar emyself world champion for getting debt collectors to hang up once they have phoned me. I even had one Lowell guy admuit to me he hadn't a clue about any legislation regarding debt collection! Pillock!!! I have several recorded phone calls which would mak einteresting listening if I can ever work out how to host them!!

Will

• Haha 1

BOS

I must admit that I lost my temper with the first Lowell guy I spoke to...and I really hadn't wanted to, but they just drive you to it, don't they? When he said he wasn't disputing the amount I shouted:

"I'M DISPUTING IT YOU F***** Piers Morgan"...I know that means he won as I'm sure they love it when people get angry, but debt collectors fall below bouncers in my eyes. Anyway, he hung up at that point...

I know (and they MUST too) that I'll end up paying what I owe and no more (and even get the charges back from the couple I missed, which I was happy to let go).

Idiots.

Thanks for your help though, I may bug you more in future!

When he said he wasn't disputing the amount I shouted:

"I'M DISPUTING IT YOU F***** Piers Morgan"...I know that means he won as I'm sure they love it when people get angry, but debt collectors fall below bouncers in my eyes. Anyway, he hung up at that point...

!

That must of felt sooo good. lol :lol:

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

What I do is just pretend I'm in a call centre and have to have excellent customer service skills and product knowledge. When they call you, 1st ask for their name. FULL name, if they don't give it too you hang up. Ask for their direct number. If they don't give it to you hang up. Then ask them if it is ok to record the call (even if your not it'll still rattle them!). Confirm their name again. they may be a bit more hesitant in saying a few risque things if they think you are recording them. Have as much knowledge on the legislation for disputing debts. (Section 14.5 Banking Code I think if memory serves!) Best thing is never to get angry or stressed about it!

BOS

What I do is just pretend I'm in a call centre and have to have excellent customer service skills and product knowledge. When they call you, 1st ask for their name. FULL name, if they don't give it too you hang up. Ask for their direct number. If they don't give it to you hang up. Then ask them if it is ok to record the call (even if your not it'll still rattle them!). Confirm their name again. they may be a bit more hesitant in saying a few risque things if they think you are recording them. Have as much knowledge on the legislation for disputing debts. (Section 14.5 Banking Code I think if memory serves!) Best thing is never to get angry or stressed about it!

Best thing I found was get caller ID and withheld number calls refused with phone company then when you get number not available(thats offshore call centre) don't answer. Of course if your mate in USA or Europe calls then get him to call at arranged date and time.

get the you no wats and claim money back they hate it

dpick8-)