landlord has got the fire alarms hook up to my meter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I hope someone can help me whith this. My landlord has hooked up the fire alarms and the lights and comunal lights to my pre pay meter for the last 11ys i have been banging my head about this for just as long.

I have been to every org to get an answer and all i get is not our prob. This must be Wrong.

If my meter runs out they do not work. so he is also putting the other 2 tenants at risque.:mad2:

Hi colin

Does your tenancy agreement mention anything in it about the alarms and lights?

Is the landlord making a contribution to your pre payment meter bills at all?

Do you have any evidence that the alarms and lights and the communal lighting are wired into your meter?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

You are in an awkward position here. If you do anything unilaterally which he is unhappy with, he could find some excuse to get you out.

You could contact the fire brigade and ask their advice telling them that you often can't afford to put anything on your meter so the fire alarm is not active, and you also turn off your electricity at the main switch when you are away.

Can OP confirm type of property ie a block of flats owned by single/several LL, a single property with ind let rooms, property shared by unrelated jount Ts? Is property a licensed HMO?

Hard wired fire/smoke alarms are only required in licensed HMOs I believe.

Conniff - OP could pay elec to inspect elec wiring, if alarms are connected to his meter, he cannot unilaterally decide to disconnect.

s21 Notice is a 'no fault' notice which can be served at anytime by LL.