Unacceptable time to wait for mail order product

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I ordered a product via post on the 29th August and sent a cheque (which was cashed around early September). I then received a letter stating the product would not be in stock til mid October. As I really wanted the item I thought 'okay i'll wait until then'.

The product still did not arrive. I emailed and tried ringing (each time i was 35th, 40th etc in the queue so hung up). My email was answered after a week stating now the product would be sent out in November. I then sent a letter stating that it was an unacceptable amount of time and if they could not ensure I would get the said item in November then I wanted a refund.

I got a phone call saying that the product had been sent out but for some reason had been passed from one courier company to another and had gone back to the depot.The customer services woman then asked for the item to be sent out again (supposedly the product is not in stock so they cannot send out another one!!). Anyway it was supposed to come yesterday and guess what nothing came.

Basically I feel this is a really long time to wait for a product and they have had my money for over 2months. If I do finally get the product am I within my rights to ask for a discount for the amount of time I have waited?