capquest and orange contract.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4592 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner received a letter from capquest yesterday asking for payment of £171 for an old orange contract. It says they are going to start checking his residential and employment status.

After reading around I've seen that they like to threaten bankruptcy. They've given him 14 days to contact them (or else!)

Anybody had dealings with them before? Is it best to bite the bullet and give them a call?

Hi, yes.. CapQuest are a bit quick off the mark with issuing statutory demands. But obviously you need to establish that they have the right person, and that your father did indeed have a contract with Orange.

I would not telephone them unless you can record the call. If your father did have a contract, then it might be worth a call to orange to find out what the status was prior to its being passed on to CQ.

Their threat to start checking residential and employment status is a bit OTT and a new one !! This simply means they will check his credit files and possibly the land registery. Sounds rather terrifying.. but your father can also check his Credit files and for free to see if there is any mention of this debt.. I personally would be doing that before making contact with anyone. If the debt isnt registered as such then it is likely statute barred anyway.

HTH

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I wouldn't call at all if you do you have confirmed who you are, where you live and they will start the demands for payment, I would myself wait and see what they do next, if you dont respond I suspect very little, how old is the debt? when was last payment made?

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

i can't even remember when the last payment was made.

probably about 2 and half years ago?

OH recently got a credit report from experian and there's nothing on there at all :|

unless of course this is something they've added recently.

my partner definitely had the contract, no denying that.

this is their exact wording:

LETTER OF A CLAIM UNDER THE PRACTICE DIRECTION - PRE ACTION CONDUCT.

"as a result of your failure to respond, we must now consider your account for legal action. your account is being passed through our pre-action validations and checks. this includes compiling data relating to your residential and employment status.

any claim will be issued in the name of capquest investments ltd and will be for the unpaid balance on the above account. through the litigation process we will seek judgement of a court, directing you to pay the monies outstanding. (i assume this means a CCJ?!)"

then a load of other rubbish. then this at the end:

"we will allow you 14 days to contact us... (etc) If you do nothing then our preaction checks will be completed which may result in your account being sent to our solicitors for a claim to be issued in the county court. the issue of a claim will involve expenditure on court fees and solicitors costs which we will seek to recover from you"

I've had the same letter and in 4 years they have never took it into court, I would sit tight and see what happens a lot of DCA's send out threat-o-grams around Xmas to frighten you into paying thinking that you panic that you wont be able to afford Xmas as they will be round to get the cash from you.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

More misuse of the court system, by making

threats, that don' get carried through.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

"we will allow you 14 days to contact us... (etc) If you do nothing then our preaction checks will be completed which may result in your account being sent to our solicitors for a claim to be issued in the county court. the issue of a claim will involve expenditure on court fees and solicitors costs which we will seek to recover from you"

i had one of these treat-o-grams from the capquest idiots, many moons ago. i did indeed not contact them in 14 days. not herd from the fools in 3 years. maybe their PREACTION CHECKS are still ongoing:madgrin:

I've had the same letter and in 4 years they have never took it into court, I would sit tight and see what happens a lot of DCA's send out threat-o-grams around Xmas to frighten you into paying thinking that you panic that you wont be able to afford Xmas as they will be round to get the cash from you.

you would think it would work the other way round.

surely nobody has any money at christmas so what makes them think they will get the last of what's leftover.

silly people.