Satander Grrr.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Cheers DX, :oops: will have another read tomorrow is the gist ok?

Thanks

Ian

With Help fom everyone here!

So Far:

M&S Agreed temp arrangement £10 PM until jan 12

Nationwide Agreed to DMP Offer

FirstDirect closed account and agreed a repayment plan.

Tesco: Agreed to DMP Offer

Outstanding:

Halifax passed to Moorcroft but continuing to pay Halifax £5PCM

Satander: being awkward asking for excessive iinfo, now closed account

Hi All

Dear Sir,

I write to you after very disappointing treatment from your retail collections department and complaints team. I am concerned that your company is not acting fairly, inline with the Lending code and OFT guidelines for dealing with financial hardshiplink3.gif, to which I understand you subscribe.

I have been in correspondance with your collections dept since 21 May 2011 asking for the opportunity to make reduced payments on my credit card account. I am experiencing financial difficulties meeting my financial obligations. I have spoken to CCCS to gather advice and guidance. I wrote to you enclosing a thorough statement of affairs on 21 May 2011. I made a fair pro-rata offer of payment following CCCS advice. I was disappointed to receive a stock letter by return, although you froze interestlink3.gif and charges, you insisted on copies of bank statements and wage slips. As I understand it only a court can request this information, so I politely declined to provide this information. My other creditors have acted well and have accepted my offers of reduced payment without this information. However my offers have been consistently ignored by Santander. I have made a token payment of £5pm to the account throughout this time as it is my intention to honour my debts. However in late November my payment was returned to the bank, and I was later informed by letter that the account had been passed to a debt recovery company.

I have twice had to use your complaints system once to ask you to refrain from calling me at work and at all times of the day when I had asked for all correspondence to be in writing. To which you responded and promised to only correspond in writing. In late November I received a number of calls from your call centre even though I was assured my number had been removed from your system. I wrote back to Linda Dellow in your collections team to complain, the letter was passed to your complaints dept. However they wrote back not having read my letter clearly. I wrote back to explain myself more clearly and by this time your collections team had passed my details to a debt recovery company.

I write this in the hope you will act fairly and in accordance with the charters you subscribe to, if this still does not happen. I will be obliged to make a complaint to the OFT, and the Financial Ombudsmanlink3.gif.

how this look going to email santy CEO.

Have you read the BCOB articles in CAG magazine ?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?826-How-Can-BCOB-Protect-You-From-Your-Bank-s-Unfair-Treatmen

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?824-Does-your-bank-play-fair

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?825-BCOB-the-hidden-rules

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?829-Charges-successfuly-reclaimed-from-RBS-last-year

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?827-Examples-of-unfair-treament

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks CB wasn't aware of that at all will do some reading.

Cheers

Thanks

Ian

With Help fom everyone here!

So Far:

M&S Agreed temp arrangement £10 PM until jan 12

Nationwide Agreed to DMP Offer

FirstDirect closed account and agreed a repayment plan.

Tesco: Agreed to DMP Offer

Outstanding:

Halifax passed to Moorcroft but continuing to pay Halifax £5PCM

Satander: being awkward asking for excessive iinfo, now closed account