Parking tickets, change of address....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4580 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have received 4 parking tickets over 4 days because even though I had a guest permit for the days after my permit had ran out I hadn't written the car reg in this little box on the guest permits.. arrrrgh!!!

Anyway I am moving house this week and I do not need a permit at my new address, so I was wandering can I just run away from the tickets?? How will they know where I now live?? I realise that I probably will not be able to get another permit in the borough with the same car but that doesn't concern me.

I have been thinking about ways they could track me down.. could they use my council tax? As I gave them my previous address when registering at new place (in the same borough) could they phone my car insurers? Could they contact the DVLA?

Can anyone help please?? I am appealing the tickets to stall for some time but they probably will reject my appeal.

Thanks

Yep, as advised. Bailiffs will make it their business to come and find you.

I don't agree they will probably reject the appeal. I think there is a good chance they will cancel three of the four. You'll need to make a point of getting their reply, as it will presumably go to your current address. Whatever they say, I would not advise running.