snow_white vs barclaycard

snow_white
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6231 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent my prelim letter to barclaycard on the 15th Sep asking for £300 back. I recieved a letter from them 5 days later saying that they were looking into the issue and hoped to have the matter sorted by the middle of October. Being something of a cynic i thought this was just a delaying tactic and was just waiting till i could send my LBA. The optimist in me had me checking my account online, really don't know why. I was suprised to find they had credited my account with £120 only 3 days after i got their letter. Its a bit strange that they didn't let me know. They haven't sent me a letter yet or made me an offer in writing. It was a nice surprise as i need the money to file my claim against Capital One. I am still going to send the LBA when the 14 day deadline is up but am encouraged by the fact that they refunded part of what i am asking for within a week of my prelim letter.

i recieved a letter from barclaycard today saying that they believe their charges are fair etc but they have credited my account with £120 as a good will gesture. tommorow i will post my LBA saying thanks for the partial refund but i will file a claim if they don't pay me the rest.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a letter from Barclaycard saying they unwilling to pay up the remaining amount so have just submitted a claim for the remaining £180. Hope one of my claims is settled soon as i've spent £140 submitting claims and i need my money back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Snow White

Would expect the usual baloney bullsh*t defence. You may still be lucky and get ur cash in time for chrimbo

skb

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

got my papers in on time. got a call from barclaycard on the document deadline offering to settle if i would cancel my claim. i got the settlement doncument from them which i signed and sent back nearly two weeks ago. i wrote to the court cancelling the claim. am still waiting for my check though. If it doesn't arrive by Monday i'll send them a letter reminding them.

Hi

Let us know what happens.

If they have done the dirty then that is clearly "unreasonable" behavior and the courts wont like it. You might be able to claim for exemplary and aggravated damages. Contact the court manager and ask if you can resurrect the claim or if you need to start again explaining what has happened.

Bicester1

Bicester1

MBNA WON £623

:)

GM Card Won £580

Nat West CC Won £525.08

Nat West Bank Won £2346.60:)

Lloyds PPI LBA

Barclaycard defence received. Trial date 30th July. Barclays missed deadline for servicing and filing of their bundle! Going to try for strikeout or summary disposal

HBOS about to issue N1

LLoys Bank LBA

I am not a lawyer. Get trained professional advice if unsure of your legal position. If my advice is helpful please tip my scales!

• 1 month later...

I got a call from barclaycard the day before the court case. They claimed that they hadn't received my settlement form. am not sure if thats true or not but you can't trust the post and i didn't send it registered post. anyway i sent another copy of the settlement form which arrived Friday. I am now waiting for the check to arrive.

Well done, you are doing better than I am with Barclays as they failed to produce their bundle into court and they also did not send anything to me or even call me!! My court date however is 30th April 2007. In the meantime as they failed to deal with the district judges directions by a certain date they have not complied and in accordance with those orders I have asked the courts to issue a judgement. The courts have one hell of a backlog and I do not suppose for one minute they will deal with it before my court date.

DS

• 3 weeks later...

after several more phone calls and letters to barclaycard i finally got my settlement cheque a month after they called me. I don't know if its a deliberate attempt to drag things out or incompetence on their part but am very dissatisfied with barclaycard.

Hi Snow White

Congratulations, they dragged their heels, but you won in the end. Enjoy your spending the money.

They have now made contact with me and have promised a cheque to me by Friday. So it had better come in the morning otherwise they are oiver stepping the mark!

Cheers

DS