MadMat V Woolwich

MadMat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome!

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, got a very fast response to my S.A.R. today! Just spent an hour adding up the charges, and I'm quite frankly in shock at the moment!

£4200 in bank charges, most of which were applied while my wife was out of work having our second kid, Seem the nice people at the Woolwich made what was a difficult time for us financially a lot worse than it needed to be.

Prelim letter going off today!

Mat

That is a tidy sum!

It sounds to me like you've got it under control.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Quick question - can anyone help?

I seem to vaguely remember going into my local branch a few years ago and yelling at the manager a bit, and getting a couple of charges cancelled as a result, but I now hoave no way of knowing which ones on this list may have been the 1 or 2 I got canceled.

Would it cause a major problem if I file a MCOL and the Woolwich discover that I'd claimed for 1 or 2 charges that had been refunded already? or would I simply be able to adjust the total of the claim to take that into account.

Mat

Your statements probably show these charges having been reversed, if not don't panic. If the Woolwich question it at settlement stage it can be adjusted.

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

I've not got any statments back from them, I have a printout of all the charges with dates and amounts but no other info that would have been on a statment.

I'm going to send the preliminary letter with a copy of the list of charges, if they claim any have been reversed later on I'll adjust the total of my claim.

Mat

Hi there. Just about to send off my claim to the Woolwich for £2735 (that includes the 8% interest) Do i put that on the list of charges at this stage or is it only if I go to court? Dying to post the letter bur want to make sure Im doing it all properly!!!!!

:confused: babygclare

as i said in another post to you ! only put 8% interst on when you issue court proceeding ! and babyclare start you own thread it will make it easier for you to follow and for us to help you !

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Lloyds TSB - £972

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

Woolwich - £2288

Offered half

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Hi Everyone, I have snet first two letters and had three replies! Standard replies like everybody else and on eyesterday saying they had sent my letter to Barclays head office. Getting a bit worried about the next stage, but have found this website very helpful, but everytime I log in, i get butterflies in my tummy!!! Anyway will keep you all up to date. Claiming back just under £5000.00 and if successful will then claim for the rest!

Well what a surprise!

Got a letter from the nice Lady at the woolwich, very sorry to hear of the problems I've experienced, and will resolve the matter by the 2nd of November . . . .

Erm I'm afraid you'll have a MCOL sitting on your desk by then love :)

Mat

yes Mat you keep to your timescales regardless of what date they give you 28 days in total should be enough time for them to reply dont you think ?

if my advice has been of any help to you then please click the scales ! Thank you :D

Wow Thailand, with your powers of prediction can you pick me a set of lottery numbers for this weekend please!

Letter from Woolwich today -

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

We have escalated your complaint to our head office customer relations unit

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

blah blah blah

Mat

Well no substatial reply from the Woolwich or Barclays, Although I've had half a rain forest through my door telling me they are escalating to various depatments and are looking into my complaint!

Time for an LBA I think!