1st credit - help on writing a letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4585 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I received a letter today from 1st credit (It seems I'm not the only one, they most be doing the rounds) and have no idea why.

I'll start off with my brief history. I'm currently 20 (birthday just passed). When I finished year 11 in school, I went onto sixth form and then stupidly decided to try and get a job. Went on the dole and spent nearly 2 years unemployed (I did various courses, Health and safety in workplace ect) and just recently started work (on my 2nd week, 1st wage today).

1 of the courses I tried to join was Train 4 Trade skills. The quick story, I managed to cancel it within the cooling off period and have it on letter that the course was cancelled. I have also helped members on this forum deal with them, although that thread got deleted due to a defamatory claim by T4TS.

I have no idea who else I could owe money too. I know Very.com and Jacamo have their own credit systems, but the few orders I've placed with them, I paid via debit card. I have no credit cards, loans or any other credit cards and no reason for anyone to be chasing me for money.

I received the letter, no information on it of any use. They just want me to call to confirm I am me (which I won't do). I will write a letter, sent recorded delivery but I need to know what to include and have it printed before I leave for work tomorrow (I leave at 7.10am) so I can get it sent on my way back.

Do I confirm my name and address, include the ref number and ask for more details of this supposed debt (I assume it's debt, they state 'personal matter'). I can only assume they have the wrong person with the same name.

Is there anything important I need to add?

Thanks.

check your cra file

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok my code fropm experian has come through today (I tried with the other 2 who do it instantly but for some reason, I failed their security checks :()

What should I be looking for?

The only credit agreements I apparently have is with Jacamo (I always pay them via debit card), shop direct finance company ltd (who?), Barclays Bank (my bank) and Studio.

They all say balance £0 and monthly payment £0 over 0 months except Jacamo which is monthly payment £5 over 0 months and all the status history codes are 0's, except Studio which is 0uuuuuuuuuuu (never ordered from them or requested a catalog, which I get anyway for some reason).

Does this mean that the letter must be about someone else and sent to me by mistake or have I overlooked something?

Thanks.

time to wait for them to play their cards then

sleep tight

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...