style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the back of the bill for the year owing it should have the Council's bank account, your account number and reference number, the ref no should change on a yearly basis. You can therefore pay via online banking. You could take the cash to the Council Offices, if they refuse it get the name of the person behind the desk then demand to speak to the Head of Revenues - they are not allowed to refuse payment.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly I would like to say sorry for not being on here, but I have am recovering from bronchitus on top of everything else with the local council and Jacobs. I took the advice of asking for a SAR and within 2 days I had a reply from Jacobs, nearly halving my bill, thanks to everyone on here for such fantastic advice, I know this is just a part of the problem but for me a large one sorted :) now to start making the payments direct to the council. I did find a different code on an old bill which relates to the outstanding amount so when I pay online on Tuesday I will try that number, thanks for that and fingers crossed that it works. Thanks again everyone :)

Firstly I would like to say sorry for not being on here, but I have am recovering from bronchitus on top of everything else with the local council and Jacobs. I took the advice of asking for a SAR and within 2 days I had a reply from Jacobs, nearly halving my bill, thanks to everyone on here for such fantastic advice, I know this is just a part of the problem but for me a large one sorted :) now to start making the payments direct to the council. I did find a different code on an old bill which relates to the outstanding amount so when I pay online on Tuesday I will try that number, thanks for that and fingers crossed that it works. Thanks again everyone :)

good luck with it Alison

Re Jacobs Bailiffs

Hi, the bailiffs CANNOT enter your home without your permission.

They CANNOT put a levy on goods by looking through your window

ON family tax credits make yyou a vunerbale person and therefore they shouldn't be approaching you.

Keep all your windows shut

Move any car you may have away from your house.

Telphone the council and say this bailiff is intimidating and shouldnt be

Also check with the ministry of justice and see if the bailiff is certified, if not he can't collect any debt, also text the bailiff with this

" I have searched the Ministry of Justice website and this does not show you a being certificated. Can you confirm to me what date you were granted a certificate and at which court?

Dont be frightened by these thugs in suits. Pester the council to death. Also finally the bailiff can only charge by law £24.50 for the first visit, £18.50 for the second visit. he cant charge for any other visits, therefore their charge s are ridiiculous. He cant levy (add fees for goods he sees through your window). DO NOT LET HIM IN, and or fall for the "can I use your tiolet, Do you minfd if I phone the office etc, as once they are in they have what is called a walking possession. Call the CAB for help and drive the council mad.

Hope this helps

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4639 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks