Cygnet finance i need advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi can anyone give me som advice i got a car from acf in july last year i put down £2000 deposit and also up to date paid another £2000, i have had nothing but trouble with the car after only doing 2000 miles in it since i got it ive already had to pay out £700 for something on the automatic gearbox after calling acf i was told as i didnt take out the extended warrenty there is nothing they can do i have called them several times where they have been rude to me and very un helpfull after only doing another 22 miles since the gearbox problem my front springs have now gone on it i feel i am just throwing money away on a car that is no where near worth what ill be payin by the end of the 4 years, ive been off work for the last 3 weeks due to my dad passing away and i just dont have the money to get these springs done at a cost of £269 plus pay this mths payment does anyone no if i have any rights as i am sure after just 2000 miles the springs shouldnt just snap this would have shown up on the mot last july as being worn surely? apprieciate any help on this thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, can anyone tell me if they have been in the same situation?

Back in December 2010 i brought a car and was financed by AFC, i was told that the vehicle had undergone a 100 point check and that there was no issues surrounding the vehicles condition. I didn't recieve a log book or any of the vehicle's service history as the company said they didn't have these. Overall i have driven the car for no more than 3 months, i have done no more than 4,000 miles and have had endless problems with this car. It's an 06 plates and the problems i have had shouldn't be going wrong.

As I drove home that evening on the motorway I could feel that the car was wobbling, I took the car to the garage the next day just to get this checked and was told that the tracking was way off. This was corrected by a specified garage which signet finance arranged for me to take the car to. A few weeks later i found that there was a problem surrounding my windscreen water bottle, which was missing. This got replaced at the same garage as I first went to and they discovered that the windscreen washer motor was cracked. Again the problem got fixed under my warranty

At the beginning of March I was driving and the power to car just died, I had to be towed back to my home address by the recovery company. The following day my car was again put into the same garage as before, I was told that the aux tensioner was worn and that the aux belt had snapped. These were replaced and was told that these items are not covered under my warranty so I paid the costs of the work. I was also told by the garage that the car had not been serviced in a long time, after this car’s engine started to sound very rough and wasn't running as smoothly as it should, I was told that there were problems with the engine management system.

At this point i called and spoke to one of their advisors who was pretty clueless about cars in general and thought that these were pretty minor problems. She told me that the company don't complete 100 point checks prior to selling the vehicle as if the car has a valid MOT the car is roadworthy and that any fault with the vehicle after driving it away was not the problem of the company's. I enquired about giving the car back and was told that due to my contract i was unable to. I expressed my concerns via a letter and asked for this all to be looked into, when i recieved a letter back from a complaint's officer it stated that the agent who sold me the car had written down a completely different mileage to the one that was actually on vehicle at the point of sale. She also explained that they had indeed paid for all of my repairs when in fact they hadn't and i have reciepts to prove this and had not been refunded in any way by them. She then went on to say that i had signed a checklist at the point of sale which in the print at the top explains that ACF Car Finance conduct a pre-delivery inspection of the vehicle. This says it includes both checking the safety and condition of the vehicle, which all these issues that i have with the vehicle would have been picked up.

I am now faced with the car not running at all, it is in the garage and have been told by them that the entire engine needs to be replaced as there are far to many problems with it. The garage have told me that this would have been picked up as it was a problem just waiting to happen and has been for some time. ACF Car Finance have told me that this is not covered under my warranty and i would need to pay for this myself which is going to cost a grand or three. I am so angry with the fact that this company are more than happy to sell you a crap car and take your money but will not take responsibility for the condition of the vehicle upon selling it and all of the pre existing problems it has.

I urged anyone not to deal with this company as they have no idea!!!!!!!!

Edited by Layercake

i totaly agree with you im about to let them take my car as cant afford to get it mended no more im paying for a heap of scrap, im cutting my loses and letting them reposses it once ive missed a payment cant afford to keep it on the road with all the repair bills no help what so ever from either company that are joined together

i have so far paid £2000 deposit and paid up to date £1794 so in total £3794 plus £946 on repairs, ive been told is a bill off sale not a hp which i had never heard off till i looked it up on here so dont think i have any rights to just return it my only option is to stop payment next mt h and let them come take it i know im going to be left with a big bill out of it ive asked them for a copy of bill of sale but still not recieved as im under the understanding if its not stamped then it will be different. im under the understanding there is still £8200 left on this car to pay

Data Protection Act 1998

Subject Access Request

Dear Sir/Madam

Please supply me with all data that you hold on me. This includes in particular, but is not limited to, the following:-

1. The original signed, executed credit agreement/s and THE BILL OF SALE DOCUMENT AND any terms and conditions that applied to this account whem the account was opened.

2. Where there has been any event in my account history over this period which has required manual intervention by any person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to my account

3. Documents relating to any insurance added to the account/s, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date/s they were/ it was added and deleted. (if applicable).

5. Details of any collection charges added to the account/s; specifically, the date they were/it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was/charges were calculated, and what the charge covers/charges cover.

6. Specific details of the fees/charges levied by any other agency in respect of this account/these accounts and a detailed breakdown of said fees/charges and what each charge relates to and on what date said fees/charges were levied.

7. A genuine copy of any notice of fair use of my data as required by the Data Protection Act 1998

8. A list of third party agencies to whom you have disclosed my personal data and a summary of the nature of the information you have disclosed.

9. Copies of statements for the entire duration of the credit agreement/s.

PLEASE NOTE that unless otherwise stated by yourselves and if the above documents are NOT provided, it will be CONFIRMED that you are unable to reproduce/provide in any way shape or form any copies of the above requested documents. You are reminded that you have a duty to inform me if you do not have the above documents. This is confirmed in High Court Law - Ezsias v Welsh Ministers - [2007] All ER (D) 65 (Dec)

You are reminded that you are obliged to supply all the above documents in line with the Information Commissioners Technical Guidance update (Dated August 2007)

I enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10. You have 40 days in which to comply.

If there is specific information which you require in order to satisfy yourself as to my identity, please let me know by return. However, please note that the above address is the one which you normally use to communicate my private business to me and which you have hitherto found to be acceptable.

Yours faithfully,

sign your name but put crosses through it so it can't be 'lifted'

hi havent defaulted on this as yet the total financed was £4755 total payable was something like 9700 so i havent payed half the amount financed i have only had this car since july last year and still have over 3 yrs to pay.i called cygnet yesterday and expained my situation they said they would send me some paperwork so i could fill in send back with wage slips bank statements etc and see if they can reduce payments even if they reduce them i still can not afford to keep it due to the fact im off work and not sure when ill be fit enough to return they the said if i cant afford the new payment they will take the car 14 days after the miss payment in may and sell at auction and i will be left with the remainder of the full finance,on tues i called and asked for a copy of my bill of sale still not received it

there is no termination figure due to it bein a bill of sale, on my copy of the agreement there is only my signature this is the one i got when i collected car i have had no other paperwork from them really dont understand any of it i honestly thought it was a hp sale i have never heard of a bill of sale

• 1 year later...

i have been one payment behind and threatend with repossesion,and sufferd ridicule and abuse over the telephone by cygnet finance representatives. i have emailed there complaints department today and asked for a same day response. i will post there reply. times are hard for every one and a little more compassion is needed from cygnet finance and other sub prime lenders.

regards tony

• 3 months later...

got a DEPT LETTER FROM A COMPANY CALLED " TOCATTO " ABOUT A CAR I HAD ABOUT 5-6 YRS AGO OF CYGNET , I ONLY HAD THE CAR FOR ABOUT 5-6 MONTHS AS IT SPENT MORE TIME IN THE GARAGE THAN IT DID WITH ME LOL, AS THE GEARBOX WAS KNACKERED, I ONLY MADE 2-3 PAYMENTS ON THE CAR AS I SAID TO THEM I WASENT PAYING FOR THE CAR AS IF I COULDNT USE IT AS IT WAS THEM THAT SOLD ME IT LIKE THAT,

FERTHER TO THIS AFTER MANY ABUSIVE PHONE CALLS , WARE I TOLD THEM THEY CAN COME AND GET THE CAR AND STICK IT WARE THE SON DOESENT SHINE, TO WHICH THEY DID COLLECT WHEN I TOLD THEM IT WAS NO LONGER INSURED AND I HAD GOT ANOTHER CAR,

I OFFERED TO PAY A SMALL AMOUNT IN PAYMENTS TO SETTLE THE DEPT , THEY TOLD ME THAT THE WOULD COLLECT THE CAR AND AUCTION OF AND THAT WOULD SETTLE THE DEPT.

FERTHER TO THIS ABOUT 6 MONTHS LATER I HAD MY CREDIT SCORE CHECKED THROUGH A REPTABLE COMPANY AND IT WAS STATED ON THIS REPORT THAT THE FINANCE ON THE CAR WAS " SETTLED".

I RECIVED ON THE 7/1/2012 MY DEPT LETTER ASKING FOR FULL AMOUNT OF THE ORIGINAL PRICE OF THE FINANCE

WHAT CAN I DO

HHHEEEELLLLPPPPP

Hi cross,

Firstly they do send your car (so they say) to auction, what they get and after they paid out what it has cost to take it to auction will be removed from what your finance agreement was, so say your car had outstanding financed for £4999, they would sell the car for what ever they can at auction so they get £1000 for your car, they then take their charges out for picking and dropping car of at auction, then they have the auctions fee to take out and what ever that may be. so by this time they have £250 credit left. take this from £4999 = £4749 this is what is outstanding.

My credit report show settled and i checked mine myself, they have sold the debt on, send the debt company a letter asking for signed agreed form with your signature (think it called a cca or caa not sure) you will find they do not have it and will stop sending you mail, instead another sister company will start sending mail and phoning and so and so on,

Myself as gone through this and i have had a few letters asking me to pay the debt in full, even though they have not proved to me that they own the debt, i will wait for the company itself to get in touch with a decent attitude towards me or i will just put the phone down.

Do never phone or talk to the debt company as well do everything through writing, once you have got no word back from that form cca leave it at that and get on with your life good luck and hope this made sense lol

ignore the spoofing dca.

as this thread actually dates back to 2006

and has sadly been posted on by all and sundry to keep it going

rather than by starting their OWN threads

and getting help and alerting others

to more than one problem thread with these people

this one is going to now be closed

start your own thread please

if you have issue with the Co.

see my sig below for help in that

dx

siteteam

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4499 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks