Ealing Council PCN - Stopped for less than 1 minute - caught on CCTV

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAGgers - I got a PCN from Ealing Council having stopped for less than 1 minute to drop my wife off. I'll post the 4-page PCN in a mo...

I have a few questions:

i. Is there an alighting/boarding exemption I can use to appeal?

ii. I took some photo's of the signs - the only one I can see was on the opposite side of the road and severely obscured by other signs and a hanging basket - do I have any grounds to appeal on that basis?

I'll post the photos up tomorrow as they are on my work PC.

Many thanks all

TJ

Edited by tee_jay
wrong images posted!

Here are the photos - I worked out how to use Photobucket on my iphone :lol:

This is the only 'warning' sign I could find and is actually posted on the pole the CCTV camera that took the picture is on. As you can see it is very obscured and on the opposite side of the road to where I had stopped.

605f29dd.jpg

aade1ede.jpg

If you simply dropped off your wife and then drove away, that would be classed as boarding or alighting so an appeal may be appropiate. The sigange obscured by the hanging basket is irrelevant as it does not have to be there.

Thanks for the advice - I have read on other sites that signage must be clear etc. I have driven up and down this road and got out to check signs but could not find any notice except for the one in the photos. If I can appeal on the alighting/boarding exception I will but would strengthen my appeal if possible.

Also is there a letter template I can use?

thanks,

TJ

Where exactly did you stop as I notice in your pic some area of bus stops. If you stopped anywhere on the broad yellow bus stop markings, then there is no boarding/alighting exemption.

Where exactly did you stop as I notice in your pic some area of bus stops. If you stopped anywhere on the broad yellow bus stop markings, then there is no boarding/alighting exemption.

Good morning Crem - I stopped about 8 feet further on past the bus stop you can see on the left of the first photo. On a SYL but definitely outside the bus-stop.

Thanks for the advice - I have read on other sites that signage must be clear etc. I have driven up and down this road and got out to check signs but could not find any notice except for the one in the photos. If I can appeal on the alighting/boarding exception I will but would strengthen my appeal if possible.

Also is there a letter template I can use?

thanks,

TJ

Only the signage relating to the restrictions has to be clear. Camera enforcement signs do not. If there was no plate supporting the SL and you are not in a restricted parking zone, then the PCN would be un-inforceable. Looking on streetview (which may be out of date), I can see that there is clear signage where you parked.

Also as I previously said, if you simply dropped off your wife and then drove away without waiting, then you could appeal under the boarding/alighting exemption so the signage wouldn't be an issue anyway.