Bad credit report can work dismiss me?! I am so scared!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4638 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please someone offer me advice regarding my bad credit report and my fear of it being found out by my employer and being dismissed! I have been working for the same insurance company in their finance department for 11 years. I am well liked, trusted, work hard and I am honest! But, my credit report is a mess! could they run a check on it? would they need my permission? could I turn it down? I am panicking, really, please give me some advice!

thank you.:-(

Hello there

Please don't worry..... If your employer was to run a credit check on you they would have to ask your permission so this wouldn't be happening without your knowledge.

If you have been a good employee and are trusted then your employer will not want to lose you either. Many of us get into difficulties for many reasons so you will not be the only person working at your office that has bad credit report...... It's not a crime to have financial difficulties.

I am not sure on the law surrounding this but I can't see your employer doing a credit check just out of the blue. Please don't worry about things that haven't happened. Only worry about the things you can change - not the things you can't!!

You will make yourself ill if you continue to feel this way. Relax........ you are just as important to your employer as they are to you!!!!

Gem

Thanks Gem, i really do appreciate your kind words of reassurance. You are right, I do worry too much and focus on negatives to the point of obsession. thank you very much for your time. :-)

I too work in the finance dpt for a large insurance company in the city and when I first started, I informed the HR department that I had a couple of ccjs and debt problems which I was trying to get on top of. They were not bothered in the slightest. I think they are more interested in any criminal record particularly fraud. As you have been there 11 years they are well aware of your character which has proven to be trustworthy. And as previously mentioned, there is no reason they would need to do a credit check so please dont worry about this.

Hi, I cannot think of any reason why your employer would want to run a credit check on you give you have been an exemplary employee for 11 years. In any case you would have to give your permission. -If you were applying for a new job with another financial institution then you may be subject to a credit check.

I really don't think you have anything at all to worry about :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

thank you so much for your replies. I really appreciate your advice, and I feel calmer already. I rely solely on my own for day to day living and it can get worrying when things get difficult. thank you.

Glad you feel reassured. Hope you stay with the forums - there is a lot of information which may be useful to you :)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi Soledad

I hope these posts put your mind at rest. I know in this day and age it's very worrying with the state of the job market but always remember that its very hard to find good employees and companies spend a lot of money recruiting so they are not going to dismiss somebody who has been an integral part of their workforce for many years.

I wish you all the best.

Gem x