Db mortgaes problems any suggestions please

annabelle22
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4670 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had mortgage debts for a while. I have had some bad luck with jobs and health redundacy etc.

I have tried to keep DB informed. They insited I call them by telephone.

I have tried to make payments only small by chq to show willing. I have written also to inform them of circumstances.

I told them several times i did not wish any one to visit.

I told them lats week i have a new job and will be in touch with contract copy and payment offer.

Yesterday a man turned up on their behalf.

I am ubder a lot of stress, i have health problems, that they are aware of.

They have treated me badly in the past and I am now unwilling to comunicate by phone.

Do I have the right to refuse the visit

if i make a sensible offer to pay and it goes to court( i already have a suspended repossesion) will the court see that i have nerver refused to pay and wanted to clear debts.

Do i have to make payment by phone

Thank you.

I suggest that you start reading this article http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?700-Hot-news-for-anyone-who-has-suffered-mortgage-arrears-charges-irresponsible-lending-or-other-unfair-lender-conduct which includes details of fines imposed on your lender.

make sure that you follow the other links through to the FSA decisions. You will find the issue of visits dealt with there. Basically – you can object of visits.

Is any of your arrears made up of charges? Once again look at the article, follow the links to the decisions and you will see that excessive mortgage arrears charges are unlawful and that your lender and others have been fined for it.

Excessive mortgage arrears charges means any charge that is set higher than the actual administrative losses incurred.

If any of your arrears is made up of these unlawful charges, then you should start making a complaint immediately and also consider going to court.

Then you should start the process to reclaiming them :)

You have the right to insist that all future dealings are in writing. That way you will have a paper trail. Almost certainly they will say things to you on the phone that they wouldnt dare put on paper.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The only thing I would add is that if there is already a suspended PO on your property, they don't need to go to court, they can execute the warrant without notice.

It wouldn't mean it was all over for you - if your circumstances have changed, as you indicate (new job), then you will be in a good position to apply for a stay of the eviction.

Put your payment proposal in writing and start paying according to the proposal, do not miss or skip payments, make them on time. You must pay the CMI plus something towards the arrears. If they do execute the warrant, you will be able to show the court that you did your best to arrange a suitable repayment plan with them.