style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4697 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I want to highlight what I believe to be extremely underhanded tactics (s-cam) by Homeserve domestic insurance (plumbing, electrical, etc).

Anyway, I phoned up Homeserve as our central heating boiler developed a fault.

£195 they stated for the fix, UNLESS the problem was for:

1) Cylinder.

2) PCB (the boiler computer)

3) Heat exchanger.

Anything but the above would be included in the fix (the recorded sales conversation will testify to this). And incidentally, whilst on the phone to Homeserve I agreed to take out electrical, and drainage insurance, as they (the sales pitch) came across as very professional, and they seemed 'on the ball'.

OK, The Homeserve plumber came out, and said the boiler needs two parts:

1) Ignition starter (about £4 trade cost)

2) Gas Valve (£85 +VAT)

The Homeserve plumber fitted a TEMPORARY ignition starter, and was adamant that when the other parts were fitted INSIDE 24 hours, that I was to make sure the correct ignition starter was fitted, instead of the TEMPORARY starter he had fitted.

Whilst the Homeserve plumber was in my home he phoned the parts through, and said I would be contacted inside 24 hours for the install.

This was 10 days ago, and I had not heard a word from Homeserve since.

So I phoned them back today, only to find out, that they had classed my boiler 'beyond economic repair'. Hmm. That was the opposite to what their engineer said, who also said that the boiler should have a few years left once these two parts were fitted.

THIS, is where I personally feel the s-cam starts. When their customers ask for an emergency plumber, Homeserve are banking on the fact that no parts are required, over and above the yearly insurance they talk you into. If parts ARE required over and above this, this simply IGNORE you, and render your boiler beyond economic repair.

Bearing in mind the boiler, well most boilers cost about £800+, and to render it beyond economic repair, for an £85 part, is a joke, and a s-cam, so that Homeserve make sure they make a profit without having to pay for parts.

Homeserve are working a numbers game [problem], and the conclusion is:

1) Homeserve are falsely advertising their services, stating that they will pay for all parts (see above), when they simply do NOT.

2) Homeserve, if it is not in their financial interest will not even contact you, leaving you in a dire situation without any communication. I now have no heating and no hot water, whilst having two young children.

3) Homeserve I believe have left my boiler in a dangerous state, by their plumber fitting a spurious part, that he was adamant needed correcting inside 24 hours.

It is false advertising, and their service is utterly disgusting. Their customer serve is also not in the least bit interested in resolving the matter. 10 days later, and still no hot water of heating, even though the fix was promised for a set fee.

I would advise ANYBODY thinking they are gaining any kind of security by having a Homeserve cover for their home, to SERIOUSLY think twice! I most definitely do not recommend Homeserve.

It is also safe to say that I will be cancelling all three insurances taken out with Homeserve.

Edited by steven007

I have just been doing some other research on HomeServe, from their other customers.

And WOW, the amount of complaints about them is u-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-e.

Literally thousands of them, and very many with the same complaint as me, in that they dramatically inflate the price of repairs, so that they can avoid doing the job.

Homeserve are definitely a classic [problem] company.

How, and why are these type of companies allowed to operate, in this day and age!!

Glad I took time to read this, was just about to buy boiler insurance from them!!!

Phew!

Excellent, you have definitely had a close escape there, with those sc-ammers at Homeserve.

Can you imagine, all their 3 million customers who do not even realise that when they make a claim, that Homeserve are going to squirm like the rats they are to not pay your claim of a repair?!

I have read lots, and lots tonight about this sc-am Homeserve company, and the more you read, the more you realise that such s-cammers should be shut down by the government.

....BUT, what I also found out tonight, what that LOADS of local councils are actively advertising Homeserve on their websites, and promoting this s-cam even further to unsuspecting victims.

It is crazy how far this blatant Homeserve s-cam goes.

Excellent, you have definitely had a close escape there, with those sc-ammers at Homeserve.

Can you imagine, all their 3 million customers who do not even realise that when they make a claim, that Homeserve are going to squirm like the rats they are to not pay your claim of a repair?!

I have read lots, and lots tonight about this sc-am Homeserve company, and the more you read, the more you realise that such s-cammers should be shut down by the government.

....BUT, what I also found out tonight, what that LOADS of local councils are actively advertising Homeserve on their websites, and promoting this s-cam even further to unsuspecting victims.

It is crazy how far this blatant Homeserve s-cam goes.

Without this thread I would have dropped myself right in the doo doo should I have needed to claim so thanks. Lets hope others see this and don't fall foul to these charlatans!!