• Tweets

• Well we can't predict what the judge will believe. PE will say that they responded in the deadline and you will say they don't. Nobody can tell what a random DJ will decide. However if you go for an OOC settlement you should still be able to get some money
    • What do you guys think the chances are for her?   She followed the law, they didnt, then they engage in deception, would the judge take kindly to being lied to by these clowns? If we have a case then we should proceed and not allow these blatant dishonest cheaters to succeed 
    • I have looked at the car park and it is quite clearly marked that it is  pay to park  and advising that there are cameras installed so kind of difficult to dispute that. On the other hand it doesn't appear to state at the entrance what the charge is for breaching their rules. However they do have a load of writing in the two notices under the entrance sign which it would help if you could photograph legible copies of them. Also legible photos of the signs inside the car park as well as legible photos of the payment signs. I say legible because the wording of their signs is very important as to whether they have formed a contract with motorists. For example the entrance sign itself doe not offer a contract because it states the T&Cs are inside the car park. But the the two signs below may change that situation which is why we would like to see them. I have looked at their Notice to Keeper which is pretty close to what it should say apart from one item. Under the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 Section 9 [2]a] the PCN should specify the period of parking. It doesn't. It does show the ANPR times but that includes driving from the entrance to the parking spot and then from the parking place to the exit. I know that this is a small car park but the Act is quite clear that the parking period must be specified. That failure means that the keeper is no longer responsible for the charge, only the driver is now liable to pay. Should this ever go to Court , Judges do not accept that the driver and the keeper are the same person so ECP will have their work cut out deciding who was driving. As long as they do not know, it will be difficult for them to win in Court which is one reason why we advise not to appeal since the appeal can lead to them finding out at times that the driver  and the keeper were the same person. You will get loads of threats from ECP and their sixth rate debt collectors and solicitors. They will also keep quoting ever higher amounts owed. Do not worry, the maximum. they can charge is the amount on the sign. Anything over that is unlawful. You can safely ignore the drivel from the Drips but come back to us should you receive a Letter of Claim. That will be the Snotty letter time.
    • please stop using @username - sends unnecessary alerts to people. everyone that's posted on your thread inc you gets an automatic email alert when someone else posts.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

LLoyds TSB fob off...

hermit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an old Lloyds TSB Trustcard, which is giving me some grief.... I have been trying to get copies of statements etc since 2006, and thought that I was finally collecting everything today, however I went to the bank and there was only a short letter saying they didn't have any information.

There's some history.... I opened the Trustcard account in November 1998 just before I went travelling, I was 18 at the time and working part time. The account was closed in July 2003 when I lost my job and then sold to Activ Kapital in September 2005. I am still paying the remaining outstanding balance now, with about £1,400 left to pay.

In November 2006 I wrote to Lloyds and asked for copies of my statements etc, but never received them. They were constantly looking in to the matter, but were proving difficult to find??? I unfortunately lost my copies when I moved house at a low point in 2005. I recently applied for a new SAR and received a letter a couple of weeks ago saying everything was now ready for me to collect and I could collect a PARCEL from my local branch, I turned up this afternoon and there was a short letter saying they couldn't find anything.

"...We have been unable to find any other information regarding your credit card due to retention periods.

Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to locate a copy of your signed agreement. We can assure you that before we opened your credit card account we would have required sight of a signed agreement. if you take this matter further, the bank is confident in their ability to be able to prove this.

If you require information regarding your debt after September 2005, you will need to contact Activ Kapital as we are not the Data Controllers of data held by this company."

I know there were quite a lot of charges on the account in the last few months of it being active, but I'm not sure what it was like before that, I can't remember if I had PPI or not, but now it seems I can't find out.

I am still repaying this account, I have been since it was closed in 2003, along with a considerable amount of other debt. However I am now feeling stronger mentally and my ambition is to get out of debt 100%. Anything I can get back that I should't have paid is going to help massively... so any help on where to go next with LLoyds is going to be a massive help... I know it's an old debt, but it's still current as I'm still paying it....

Hi,

Don't give up, the Caggers and especially ims will help you out.

In 1998 I took out a loan and two credit card with lloyds. I paid off the loan in 2006 and the credit cards (Sept 2010 and Mar 2011 respectively). Last week I had a similar letter from lloyds after sending me a screen print of the loan and only the payments to the debt collection Agency. Yesterday I sent the final letter to them before court action.

Have a look my thread below and don't give up, that's what they want us to do.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?305596-Starting-a-Lloys-TSB-PPI-Claim&p=3409991#post3409991

Hi

I've seen a few of these around the forum lately....Lloyds messing people around.

I would write back to them telleing them that as far as you are concerned they are in breach of the Data Protection Act. Tell them that if you do not receive the information requested within 14 days you will be reporting them to the ICO and are seriously considering court action to force compliance. Tell them that in any complaint their Data Controller will be named.

Did your SAR letter request details of the destruction of data i.e. dates, the person who authorised the destruction and the reason for destruction?

Regards

ims

Hi Hass & hermit

Save me trawling, I have another member who would like confirmation of the address for Lloyds SAR as his hasn't been delivered.

Could you post up the address you used please?

Many thanks

ims

Hass, so much of yours sounds familiar to me.... I also have three outstanding claims for PPI on three loan accounts with them. On the first two I was categorically told by the branch manager that I needed the PPI to get the loan, a loan I didn't even want, I wanted an extension on my overdraft... he insisted I needed a loan... the third loan was a consolidation loan several years later after I had lost my job, I never signed any paper work for it, they just amalgamated my current account and two outstanding loans in to one new loan.... and yep whacked on their PPI.... LLoyds TSB have robbed me of the best 10 years of my life, but now I'm back fighting... I will get them....

That's the spirit. Read the threads here it seems that's the routine they do to frustrate people into giving up and keep our money (their ultimate goal).

I will keep an eye on your thread from now on to be informed as I update mine. We can't give up since they would do everything in their power to take it from us.

• 2 months later...

Lloyds are claiming that, whilst they might hold data on me and my accounts it's not in a "Relevant Filling System" and hence they don't need to provide this information under the data protection act... How do I get around this?

Hi

Well at least we have established that they have tried to mislead you with regard to the "retention period" nonsense. 1 fib on the scoreboard at least.

I'd make a pest of myself with them and write back saying that although they have now admitted they do have data, in what form is this held. Ask them to provide an explanation as to why they believe this format is not a relevant filing system as you wish to make all facts clear to the ICO when you file your complaint with them.

And of course you may use their reply in court action if you decide to go that route.

Your next move will be dictated by their response to the above query.

Regards

ims