LLoyds TSB fob off...

hermit
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4568 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an old Lloyds TSB Trustcard, which is giving me some grief.... I have been trying to get copies of statements etc since 2006, and thought that I was finally collecting everything today, however I went to the bank and there was only a short letter saying they didn't have any information.

There's some history.... I opened the Trustcard account in November 1998 just before I went travelling, I was 18 at the time and working part time. The account was closed in July 2003 when I lost my job and then sold to Activ Kapital in September 2005. I am still paying the remaining outstanding balance now, with about £1,400 left to pay.

In November 2006 I wrote to Lloyds and asked for copies of my statements etc, but never received them. They were constantly looking in to the matter, but were proving difficult to find??? I unfortunately lost my copies when I moved house at a low point in 2005. I recently applied for a new SAR and received a letter a couple of weeks ago saying everything was now ready for me to collect and I could collect a PARCEL from my local branch, I turned up this afternoon and there was a short letter saying they couldn't find anything.

"...We have been unable to find any other information regarding your credit card due to retention periods.

Unfortunately, we have not yet been able to locate a copy of your signed agreement. We can assure you that before we opened your credit card account we would have required sight of a signed agreement. if you take this matter further, the bank is confident in their ability to be able to prove this.

If you require information regarding your debt after September 2005, you will need to contact Activ Kapital as we are not the Data Controllers of data held by this company."

I know there were quite a lot of charges on the account in the last few months of it being active, but I'm not sure what it was like before that, I can't remember if I had PPI or not, but now it seems I can't find out.

I am still repaying this account, I have been since it was closed in 2003, along with a considerable amount of other debt. However I am now feeling stronger mentally and my ambition is to get out of debt 100%. Anything I can get back that I should't have paid is going to help massively... so any help on where to go next with LLoyds is going to be a massive help... I know it's an old debt, but it's still current as I'm still paying it....

Hi,

Don't give up, the Caggers and especially ims will help you out.

In 1998 I took out a loan and two credit card with lloyds. I paid off the loan in 2006 and the credit cards (Sept 2010 and Mar 2011 respectively). Last week I had a similar letter from lloyds after sending me a screen print of the loan and only the payments to the debt collection Agency. Yesterday I sent the final letter to them before court action.

Have a look my thread below and don't give up, that's what they want us to do.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?305596-Starting-a-Lloys-TSB-PPI-Claim&p=3409991#post3409991

Hi

I've seen a few of these around the forum lately....Lloyds messing people around.

I would write back to them telleing them that as far as you are concerned they are in breach of the Data Protection Act. Tell them that if you do not receive the information requested within 14 days you will be reporting them to the ICO and are seriously considering court action to force compliance. Tell them that in any complaint their Data Controller will be named.

Did your SAR letter request details of the destruction of data i.e. dates, the person who authorised the destruction and the reason for destruction?

Regards

ims

Hi Hass & hermit

Save me trawling, I have another member who would like confirmation of the address for Lloyds SAR as his hasn't been delivered.

Could you post up the address you used please?

Many thanks

ims

Hass, so much of yours sounds familiar to me.... I also have three outstanding claims for PPI on three loan accounts with them. On the first two I was categorically told by the branch manager that I needed the PPI to get the loan, a loan I didn't even want, I wanted an extension on my overdraft... he insisted I needed a loan... the third loan was a consolidation loan several years later after I had lost my job, I never signed any paper work for it, they just amalgamated my current account and two outstanding loans in to one new loan.... and yep whacked on their PPI.... LLoyds TSB have robbed me of the best 10 years of my life, but now I'm back fighting... I will get them....

That's the spirit. Read the threads here it seems that's the routine they do to frustrate people into giving up and keep our money (their ultimate goal).

I will keep an eye on your thread from now on to be informed as I update mine. We can't give up since they would do everything in their power to take it from us.

• 2 months later...

Lloyds are claiming that, whilst they might hold data on me and my accounts it's not in a "Relevant Filling System" and hence they don't need to provide this information under the data protection act... How do I get around this?

Hi

Well at least we have established that they have tried to mislead you with regard to the "retention period" nonsense. 1 fib on the scoreboard at least.

I'd make a pest of myself with them and write back saying that although they have now admitted they do have data, in what form is this held. Ask them to provide an explanation as to why they believe this format is not a relevant filing system as you wish to make all facts clear to the ICO when you file your complaint with them.

And of course you may use their reply in court action if you decide to go that route.

Your next move will be dictated by their response to the above query.

Regards

ims